Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Leslie Jones leaves SNL to go racing down the aisles  (Read 6063 times)

chargeradiocom

Re: Leslie Jones leaves SNL to go racing down the aisles
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 10:23:59 PM »
I wondered if this was coming, given Fremantle’s seemingly out-of-the-blue acquisition of it last year and the relentless hammering of it on BUZZR since.

I’m down for seeing this in a modernized grocery store setting.

mmb5

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:51:23 AM »
Would you have to dodge people clogging the aisles by talking on their phones?
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Offshored2007

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 08:14:06 AM »

Half the show would be in the self-serve lane, scanning each item, encouraged by family and friends sitting off to the side.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 08:48:00 AM »
Maybe if you complete the Big Sweep without knocking down anyone talking or texting, you get a $100 bonus!

Or, if they want to go the more violent route: Get a $50 bonus for every talking/texting shopper you knock down during the Big Sweep!

Scrabbleship

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 10:48:16 AM »

Or Instacart shoppers and pickers thinking you totally know the store?

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »
Whenever she's on Pyramid, Leslie gets real intense. I hope she tones it down as a host.

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 12:15:03 PM »
Whenever she's on Pyramid, Leslie gets real intense. I hope she tones it down as a host.

That's her personality in general, AFAIK. I'm definitely a fan. Looking forward to what she does on SS!

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 04:45:04 PM »
I’m pretty sure “Strahan and Sara” isn’t going anywhere, but IMO, remembering that recent thread, this would fit perfectly in the 1 pm Eastern time slot. I can’t see this working as well in prime time, although not all of the “Fun and Games” shows offer big money. Of course, this is assuming ABC is indeed the network that airs the show.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »
It's not going anywhere, but it's getting renamed(again) as Sara's maternity replacement joins permanently. New name effective September 9 is GMA3: Strahan, Sara and Kiki.

JakeT

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 07:46:56 PM »
It's not going anywhere, but it's getting renamed(again) as Sara's maternity replacement joins permanently. New name effective September 9 is GMA3: Strahan, Sara and Kiki.

Why don't they simply add "And so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby" and be done with it?

JakeT

Neumms

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 12:58:51 PM »

I'll be happy as long as I can still can enjoy the conviviality and human insight of Michael Strahan three hours everyday on Good Morning America, two days a week on football, and whenever we get to see Pyramid.

BrandonFG

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

weaklink75

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 03:06:11 PM »
Confirmed for ABC. Ten-episode run, all signs point to the "Fun and Games" block.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/supermarket-sweep-leslie-jones-abc-1203460407/?fbclid=IwAR0hJDc-u1u9gi2P3n5vCNhdPWc4owxGaESJ7j9n5O3FGRZcntLCig7eKHc

I'm hoping they'll do it as a "two full games in one hour" format and not the way they stretched it out to an hour in the UK recently...it really didn't work for me.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »
I'm hoping they'll do it as a "two full games in one hour" format and not the way they stretched it out to an hour in the UK recently...it really didn't work for me.

PYL aside, that’s pretty much ABC’s way of doing things. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do just that.