Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Drinking Game  (Read 18356 times)

Mr. Matté

Re: The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Drinking Game
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2020, 11:00:41 PM »
More drinking....

...every time Gene says something was not a booable answer.

...if Jon goes to commercial saying they'll be back, you come back too.

If when Jon asks for the story of the champion, he plugs Meredith Vieira's current show.

Thunder

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2020, 10:29:36 PM »
I had no idea who Bruce Baum was (or is), but I instantly hated him. A prop comic who forces his bad jokes into the action? Yuck.

Pyramid80

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2020, 08:57:23 AM »
I had no idea who Bruce Baum was (or is), but I instantly hated him. A prop comic who forces his bad jokes into the action? Yuck.
I remembered him being on Match Game 90 a good bit, but don’t remember him being this annoying.

calliaume

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2020, 10:40:41 AM »
I remembered him being on Match Game 90 a good bit, but don’t remember him being this annoying.
Be thankful he didn't break out his costumed Babyman personna (which he used occasionally on Make Me Laugh).

Baum has also played up his resemblance to David Crosby at times. He probably didn't here, because some of the people wouldn't know who David Crosby was, and Crosby's life was a mess at the time.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2020, 12:55:26 PM »
I happened to catch one of the Stan Freberg episodes this morning. During HS, when Marcia Wallace was picked, Bauman said, "Marcia!" and she replied, "Jon!" Then they did the "John! Marsha!" routine briefly. What I found interesting is that despite the fact that they gave Freberg the latitude to tell stories when it wasn't even his turn (at least these interruptions, unlike those of Bruce Baum, were actually funny), neither Freberg nor anyone else happened to mention that Freberg originated that shtick with a 1951 record titled, naturally, "John and Marsha." Anyone know if it was mentioned on other episodes during Freberg's week?

Thunder

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2020, 10:07:00 PM »
It only took one show for the producers to figure out it wasn't a good idea to have George Gobel slowly shuffle across the stage.