The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

What's with PYL on ABC?

(1/2) > >>

DjohnsonCB:
Last Wednesday's show was a rerun and this week it's pre-empted for a special.  The Wednesday after that, ABC has Celebrity FF at that time (at least presumably; my local guide has some local Huskers special that night at 7 on KETV and "Feud" later in the evening; I may have read the latter wrong).  I wonder if ABC has grown disenchanted with PYL due to some players' potential "Michael Larsening" of the board patterns or the fact that no one has yet become a millionaire in the bonus round?

BrandonFG:
The season finale aired August 7. It's now in reruns.

SamJ93:

--- Quote from: DjohnsonCB on August 18, 2019, 04:48:58 PM ---I wonder if ABC has grown disenchanted with PYL due to some players' potential "Michael Larsening" of the board patterns or the fact that no one has yet become a millionaire in the bonus round?

--- End quote ---

The board pattern is almost assuredly pseudo-random to a degree now that it would be completely impossible to do anything even resembling what Larsen did.

As for the latter statement...if Millionaire can go on for 15 more years after it last gave out its title prize, I doubt anyone is so concerned about PYL not delivering on its promises.

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: DjohnsonCB on August 18, 2019, 04:48:58 PM ---Last Wednesday's show was a rerun and this week it's pre-empted for a special.  The Wednesday after that, ABC has Celebrity FF at that time (at least presumably; my local guide has some local Huskers special that night at 7 on KETV and "Feud" later in the evening; I may have read the latter wrong).  I wonder if ABC has grown disenchanted with PYL due to some players' potential "Michael Larsening" of the board patterns or the fact that no one has yet become a millionaire in the bonus round?

--- End quote ---
They aired a special "preview" episode the week of its premiere, so they finished airing all the originals a week before Card Sharks and Match Game. Based on the solid ratings it got on Wednesday, I feel comfortable saying it will return, likely with more episodes taped than 8.

PYLdude:
If/when it comes back, they really need to retool that bonus round.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version