The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Improving the Winner's Big Money Game

(1/7) > >>

Dbacksfan12:
I got to thinking about this the other day when watching a SotC rerun...

As a endgame in itself, the WBMG isn't terrible.  However, as some of us have discussed previously, its a bit out of place on Sale.  I was trying to brainstorm some ways to improve it.  I came up with a couple:

Idea number one was taking the winner's main game score and giving them an extra second for every $10 earned.

Idea number two was lengthening the round to 45 seconds, awarding progressively nicer prizes for each puzzle they were able to solve.  The car would be awarded for solving nine puzzles.
They could then quit the show as a retired champion, or try again for more with the chance to win the (reinstated) cash jackpot.

Any others?  Or is the WBMG best left alone?

WarioBarker:
I'd fix three of my big sticking points:
* Change the clock to the style used on Scrabble, possibly even expand it to count off to the thousandths place. Each word popped in at a rate that wasn't exactly 1-per-second, and from what I've seen it was impossible to buzz in on a fresh puzzle if you started it with 01 on the clock.
** On that note, maybe start the clock after the first word pops in?
* Award a small cash consolation for each solved puzzle if the WBMG isn't won, say $500. This would give a decent reason to continue playing if it's obvious the endgame won't be fully won.
* Oust the rule that champs are forced to retire if they lose the car-level WBMG. Subsequent attempts would still be for the car, with the $50,000 bonus still being the level after that.

chrisholland03:
If I have to have it, I'd ditch the car win pre-req for the chance at $50k.  Other than that, I can't come up with anything that improves it.

If I don't have to have it, bring back Shopping, Syndicated style.

TLEberle:
They’re not going to have tech to granularity of the millisecond when the eye cannot track it.

Puzzles need to have more text that helps pin the answer besides “sports team
“fictional character” and the like. I’d either go to the clue screen or shuffle form from Matchmates.

Money Game seeds a cash jackpot that can be cashed out on day seven after the car for five wins, all daily prizes for day six, game eight for double cash and all prizes.

JakeT:

--- Quote from: chrisholland03 on August 13, 2019, 03:34:53 PM ---If I have to have it, I'd ditch the car win pre-req for the chance at $50k.  Other than that, I can't come up with anything that improves it.

If I don't have to have it, bring back Shopping, Syndicated style.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree...$otC was all about the shopping, getting those glamourous prizes for the ridicuously low prices and earning your way to bigger and bigger prizes...$otC never needed any sort of bonus round...simply the decision to buy the current prize offered or risk it and play on...without the shopping, the magic of $otC was gone for me...

JakeT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version