The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

PYL season finale on ABC tonight 8/7

(1/3) > >>

BillCullen1:
The episode airing on ABC this evening is billed as the season finale. It is episode 103.

Unrealtor:
And that episode managed to feature something that I'm not sure that I've seen on any of the past versions of PYL... a contestant coming out of a question round with zero spins

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: Unrealtor on August 08, 2019, 08:38:56 AM ---And that episode managed to feature something that I'm not sure that I've seen on any of the past versions of PYL... a contestant coming out of a question round with zero spins

--- End quote ---

It happened twice; once in 1984 and in 1985, each in round 1. The second time the contestant won the round and the game.

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: tyshaun1 on August 08, 2019, 12:17:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Unrealtor on August 08, 2019, 08:38:56 AM ---And that episode managed to feature something that I'm not sure that I've seen on any of the past versions of PYL... a contestant coming out of a question round with zero spins

--- End quote ---

It happened twice; once in 1984 and in 1985, each in round 1. The second time the contestant won the round and the game.

--- End quote ---

I think the 1984 one just ran on Buzzr. IIRC, he didn't earn his first spin until question 3 of round 2.

tvmitch:
I've often thought that declining to play in Round 1 would actually be to the contestant's advantage in the long run statistically. That may be even more true in this new version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version