Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is "a two-part blog about a being a Jeopardy! contestant"?  (Read 1390 times)

Mike Tennant

This: http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2019/08/what-its-like-to-be-on-jeopardy-round-1.html

Well, that's part one. Part two will be up tomorrow. No one will step on my toes by posting the link first, though I suspect it won't be hard to figure out.

Details I found interesting:
  • The "Ken Jennings rule" for getting your travel expenses paid (you have to be a returning champion)
  • The podium elevators to make all contestants look the same height
  • The fact that lawyers determine which contestants and which questions are used in each episode

trainman

Re: What is "a two-part blog about a being a Jeopardy! contestant"?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 12:25:59 AM »
The "Ken Jennings rule" for getting your travel expenses paid (you have to be a returning champion)

It was the case even before Ken Jennings that they'd pay travel expenses for a returning champion who had to come back for the next taping session. (And it's only travel, i.e., plane tickets -- not the hotel room.)

The fact that lawyers determine which contestants and which questions are used in each episode

I'm not sure the compliance company employees who are making the decisions are literally lawyers. The blog post made it sound like they're deciding on individual questions, but they're being presented with complete game boards -- seven of them for each week, and they pick five.
trainman is a man of trains