Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Harry Friedman leaving Wheel & Jeopardy!  (Read 16466 times)

SuperMatch93

Re: Harry Friedman leaving Wheel & Jeopardy!
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »
Also, it's time for a $10,000 space on the wheel, a real one that pays off for each letter. That'd be far more exciting than prize cards, prize puzzles and bumping up the bonus round minimum.

Not only that, but as unpopular as this may be, they ought to retire the million-dollar wedge. The only times things related to it go viral is when people who don't understand how it works post "OMG THIS PERSON LOST A MILLION DOLLARS ON A MISPRONOUNCED WORD" and when someone misses out on it in the bonus round. I get why it was introduced, but it adds little to the actual game play.

Even my neighborhood bar has on their "rules for watching Wheel" sign, "Don't ask how the million-dollar wedge works."
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Denials

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »

Even my neighborhood bar has on their "rules for watching Wheel" sign, "Don't ask how the million-dollar wedge works."

Out of curiosity, what other kinds of rules are on said sign?

SuperMatch93

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2019, 01:03:44 PM »

I'd have to go back and check--there were about five total--but one of the others was "Don't yell out the puzzle unless you're sure you know it."
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

vtown7

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »

I'd have to go back and check--there were about five total--but one of the others was "Don't yell out the puzzle unless you're sure you know it."

I would 100% buy this sign for funsies.   Look forward to hearing the other ones.

Ryan :)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »
Do "rule breakers" have some sort of "punishment" inflicted on them, such as having to take a shot of peppermint schnapps?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2019, 10:52:53 PM »
It's an on-the-spot dicespin.

nowhammies10

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2019, 10:17:47 AM »
I heard the usual punishment was having to wear a styrofoam hat for the duration of the program.

Neumms

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
It may be harsh, but it would fit the show if the bar took every dollar the offender has and forced him or her into bankruptcy. (Not any merchandise, of course.)

WhammyPower

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2019, 11:02:05 PM »
I heard the usual punishment was having to wear a styrofoam hat for the duration of the program.
Who said anything about a horse?!

SuperMatch93

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2019, 01:56:17 PM »
For those interested, here are the other rules:

Denials

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2019, 04:50:07 PM »
Thanks for sharing!