Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FOR SALE: Merrill Heatter and Elaine Stewart's Estate  (Read 2215 times)

calliaume

FOR SALE: Merrill Heatter and Elaine Stewart's Estate
« on: June 30, 2019, 12:39:16 PM »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: FOR SALE: Merrill Heatter and Elaine Stewart's Estate
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 08:06:30 AM »
1010 N Roxbury, Beverly Hills, I think. Across the street from Lucy's former residence.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 10:24:10 AM »
You can make a lot of money in game shows, apparently.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 11:19:12 AM »
Lucy's former house isn't exactly across the street, but it's on that same street anyway. I understand her former residence has been completely rebuilt. If you look at pics. of the house while she lived there, it has a slightly different look, with two small windows to the far right that aren't there now.

The house next door to Lucy's, however, belonged to Jack Benny, and looks pretty much the same.

Just as Lucy used a high wall by her house to film a segment for I Love Lucy, Jack Benny at least one time used the front of his house as an establishing shot, but for the home of Bob Hope, for some odd reason. George Burns also used an establishing shot of the exterior of his real house for Burns and Allen, and apparently the living room and kitchen set, as well as Burns' office upstairs in his garage, were all similar in layout to his actual house.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »
You can make a lot of money in game shows, apparently.

You could at one time. Now a lot of the people who got rich producing game shows are pushing up daisies.

You speak of a bygone era.

Bob Zager

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »
Although I'm sure it's highly unlikely, I wonder if Mr Heatter might have left somewhere in his home a video of Runaround, featuring a promo for the proposed home version.  Or maybe even a prototype game itself (even more unlikely, I'd say)!