Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Card Sharks 6/26  (Read 4426 times)

tvmitch

Re: Card Sharks 6/26
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 11:28:04 AM »
Love that Card Sharks is back - love the format changes. HATE The pacing. It's too slow. They could pick up the pace and fit an entire 3rd game in there in one hour if they wanted to.

The pacing is enough for me to scan through a show - which is never a good sign.
I'm with Matt here. It's the little things like the endless amount of back-and-forth between "nervous contestant shot" and "shot of card turner waiting for their cue." There's easily 1-2 minutes of that garbage that could be clipped out on each show. Just get on with it already. I can see doing that for big Money Cards gambles, but if it's your 3rd card in the main game, not necessary. You can almost get a feel when an unexpected card result is going to happen based on the length of the unnecessary shots prior to the card turn. I feel a little better about the gigantic chips in the bonus game now, but that too adds a lot of time to a show that is already dragging.

I'm also over the cheap "mansplaining" intros for these shows. I'm glad CS got rid of theirs after one show; their open is actually refreshing now. TTTT is the absolute worst with that. HGN a close second. The new CNBC Deal or No Deal actually regularly spoils quite a lot of future gameplay with these dumb intros.

/guess I'm in a ranty mood for a Monday
You should follow me on Twitter

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
Love that Card Sharks is back - love the format changes. HATE The pacing. It's too slow. They could pick up the pace and fit an entire 3rd game in there in one hour if they wanted to.

The pacing is enough for me to scan through a show - which is never a good sign.
I'm with Matt here. It's the little things like the endless amount of back-and-forth between "nervous contestant shot" and "shot of card turner waiting for their cue." There's easily 1-2 minutes of that garbage that could be clipped out on each show. Just get on with it already
I noted this as well on the Summaries board. One of the middle cards had the pregnant pause, but then the rest of row had immediate card flips. Completely unnecessary and out of place.

As for the intro, it’s weird how the other Fremantle shows use a modern version of the original intros (except for TTTT maybe, but that one never really had a memorable intro that stood out anyway), yet here they went with the “Deal or No Deal”-style teaser intro that was obnoxious 12 years ago.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 12:00:36 PM »
I'm also over the cheap "mansplaining" intros for these shows. I'm glad CS got rid of theirs after one show; their open is actually refreshing now.
How's this?

/guess I'm in a ranty mood for a Monday
I don't think it is bad to be critical of our favorite genre per se, but I do think the criticism should be on point, well written and well aimed, which yours is.
Travis L. Eberle

Loogaroo

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »
I'm also over the cheap "mansplaining" intros for these shows. I'm glad CS got rid of theirs after one show; their open is actually refreshing now.
How's this?

The intros where basically they explain all of the rules in a tightly-edited clip package rather than having some faith that the viewers will be able to pick up on the game after a few minutes of watching. Kinda the game show equivalent of "those crappy cartoon theme songs that bludgeon you over the head with the blunt end of the show's premise."
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".