Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nashville Squares-hosted by Bob Saget  (Read 9358 times)

The Ol' Guy

Re: Nashville Squares-hosted by Bob Saget
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 10:38:20 AM »
Like the set. Kinda like having celebs sitting in front of a giant Toss Across game. No claustrophobia, and the screens add variety. Nice work.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »
Did not ever expect to be annoyed that xfinity moved CMT into a higher package than the one to which I subscribe, but here we are.
@lambertman

Tim L

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »
Things you miss when you are away for an extended period.  This might be worth a look. 

JMFabiano

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 02:52:06 PM »
Like the set. Kinda like having celebs sitting in front of a giant Toss Across game. No claustrophobia, and the screens add variety. Nice work.

Indeed.  As I said, it's the one thing "legit" revivals of Squares needed to lift from MG/HS : the symbol filling the square in a backdrop of some kind. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JakeT

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 06:53:00 PM »

This layout definitely helps if you want to encourage interaction among the celebs...

JakeT

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2019, 07:37:12 PM »
I like it too...it feels more open and laid back. If Original Recipe Squares ever returns, I'd love to see a similar setup.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 02:16:35 AM »
This entire setup is ripped straight from Hip Hop Squares with a fresh coat of paint. If the format follows, most episodes won't see a completed third game.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Neumms

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 01:33:54 PM »
I tend to be a purist, but I like the set, too. It's still impressively large. I'd put each row's squares closer together, however, so it better resembles a tic-tac-toe board. They could throw more lights up to fill the screen space on the sides.

It's a dang shame almost everyone on Hee-Haw has passed away. Junior Samples would have been a scream! That's the vibe to shoot for, though. Unless the bit is that he's a fish out of water, Carson is wrong. Saget would make a good host for Hollywood Squares, but unless his act has gone a direction I haven't seen, he doesn't fit either.

Neumms

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
This entire setup is ripped straight from Hip Hop Squares with a fresh coat of paint. If the format follows, most episodes won't see a completed third game.

In a Hip-Hop episode I found, they didn't get to the first question until the 6:30 mark and that doesn't include commercials. Do they even complete a second game?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2019, 10:31:47 AM »

In a Hip-Hop episode I found, they didn't get to the first question until the 6:30 mark and that doesn't include commercials. Do they even complete a second game?

They often don’t, unless the first game ends after 3 or 4 questions. It’s a bit of a slog for me. It’d be different if the host, DeRay Davis, was the straight man who kept the game going, but he often times enables the banter to continue. It’s more about the celebs than the game itself, supported by the fact that the “contestants” are now celebrities as well, and they’re each playing for a civilian player.

To your point about Bob Saget, I think he would work here. He’s probably not marking out like a fan in the same way DeRay does on HH Squares, and with some previous experience, I’m assuming he’ll work as a better straight man to the panel.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:11:29 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
Any thoughts from the board on premiere night, while I wait for a CMT free preview weekend to roll around?
@lambertman

aaron sica

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »
Any thoughts from the board on premiere night, while I wait for a CMT free preview weekend to roll around?

I was quite disappointed. Way too much talk and banter and stunts (a question about watermelon seed spitting contests resulted in one during the game). Not enough play. Enough time for two complete games to be played.

BrandonFG

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2019, 01:23:49 PM »

I was quite disappointed. Way too much talk and banter and stunts (a question about watermelon seed spitting contests resulted in one during the game). Not enough play. Enough time for two complete games to be played.
One of the promos had Bob Saget riding a go-kart or something, and that was when I realized the game was going to take a backseat to everything else. Which is fine...this wasn't going to make me go back to cable no way. :-P Same went for Hip Hop Squares.

/Still like the sets they use
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JakeT

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2019, 07:04:59 PM »
Probably my least-favorite reboot ever...virtuallty everything about it was wrong...only made it through 15 minutes before I dumped it...

JakeT