Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nashville Squares-hosted by Bob Saget  (Read 9356 times)

gsfan85

Nashville Squares-hosted by Bob Saget
« on: June 26, 2019, 01:20:53 PM »
According to the audience warm-up for Nashville Squares, Mark Sweet (@marksweetmedia on instagram), Bob Saget is the host.  From the pictures, looks like Marie Osmond and Gary Busey are just two of the celebs.

Country artists look to be the contestants.  Mitchell Tenpenny who is a Sony recording artist posted about it.

Should be interesting.

BrandonFG

Re: Nashville Squares-hosted by Bob Saget
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »
Here's a link to the post...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperSweeper

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 03:13:56 PM »
Other names I see include Bill Engvall and Carson Kressley. This makes me wonder how country-oriented this will actually be.

cliffhanger285

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »
Other names I see include Bill Engvall and Carson Kressley. This makes me wonder how country-oriented this will actually be.

Carson I understand, but why are you surprised at Bill? He has a large following from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour (alongside Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, and Jeff Foxworthy).

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 05:44:05 PM »
Already I loathe the set.  That seating arrangement reminds me of the MG-HS hour.  There's no "squares", just risers and seats. Blech!
--Matt

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 06:00:44 PM »
Already I loathe the set.  That seating arrangement reminds me of the MG-HS hour.  There's no "squares", just risers and seats. Blech!
I'm guessing they're basing it off the Hip Hop Squares set design, which went to a tiered setup for the VH-1 revival, as opposed to the grid used on the MTV2 season. Viacom usually keeps a similar template for its shows, based on the network. Economics and all.

I kinda like the look though...it feels more relaxed.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 06:51:10 PM »
I'm guessing they're basing it off the Hip Hop Squares set design, which went to a tiered setup for the VH-1 revival, as opposed to the grid used on the MTV2 season. Viacom usually keeps a similar template for its shows, based on the network. Economics and all.

I kinda like the look though...it feels more relaxed.
Exactly. Why pay for a brand new set design when you're already using it on the other network?

This set actually clues me in as to why Carson is there- for those of you who haven't seen Hip Hop Squares, it's probably the most celebrity-driven version of the show. The host, DeRay Davis, spends a lot of time interacting with the celebrities, and this set design also enables them to interact with each other all throughout the show- Carson is good at that. If HHS is any indication, the gameplay won't be the focus, as there will be some shows where they only get through two games.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Allstar87

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
According to Randy West, Nashville Squares is taped in the same studio as Hip Hop Squares. The two share a lot of the same set pieces, they just redressed them for the new show.

It'll be neat to see what they've done with the rest of it, I like what I've seen so far.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »
There's no "squares", just risers and seats. Blech!

What are those regular parallelograms behind the chairs?
czambo@mac.com

Mr. Matté

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
There's no "squares", just risers and seats. Blech!

What are those regular parallelograms behind the chairs?

Their setup is not too much different that Match Game-Hollywood Squares's setup.

TimK2003

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »
But do they do a Nashville Squares dance at the end of the episode?

<ducking>

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »

<ducking>

Maybe Teena Marie can re-record the theme song as "Nashville Square Dance".

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »

<ducking>

Maybe Teena Marie can re-record the theme song as "Nashville Square Dance".

Unfortunately, Teena died in 2010. I did like her version that they used during the H^2 era.

aaron sica

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
Unfortunately, Teena died in 2010. I did like her version that they used during the H^2 era.

Aw, I wasn't aware. That's what I get for not looking her up first. Mea culpa.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 06:22:41 PM »
The premiere is set for Friday, November 1.
@lambertman