Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nashville Squares-hosted by Bob Saget  (Read 9353 times)

PPatters

Re: Nashville Squares-hosted by Bob Saget
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 10:10:18 PM »
Personally, I’m not offended by this incarnation. That said, I agree that I wish there was more game. The more “party” atmosphere for show is fine, but not fit for a 30-minute format. At the end of the day, I wonder if the average person is watching to watch people win money or to watch celebrities have fun.

A few things that bothered me. First, giving each square a seemingly random dollar worth doesn’t make sense to me. Second, Bob isn’t really phenomenal. The first three minutes of the episode was pretty much just him saying “[insert celebrity] is here!!!” Third, not that I’d expect it, but the fact that Caroline Rhea HAS done Hollywood Squares before could’ve maybe been mentioned. Fourth, making each question some kind of a “game” is cute for a couple of questions, but it got old. And fifth, I just don’t see how celebrity contestants makes this any better. There are already 9 (or in the case of the first episode, 10) celebrities — what does adding two more REALLY add to the game?

With that said, I really didn’t think it was atrocious. I also know I’m not really the audience, so I don’t know if I’ll keep watching.
Patrick

Neumms

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »
I wonder if the average person is watching to watch people win money or to watch celebrities have fun.

Or as opposed to them having fun, being funny. I agree with you, I don't find the appeal of watching a party I'm not invited to.

Neumms

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2019, 12:22:24 PM »
Way too much talk and banter and stunts (a question about watermelon seed spitting contests resulted in one during the game).

It's a shame the producers never watched John Davidson's version or they'd have seen how stunts bog down the proceedings without adding to the entertainment.

david91722

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2019, 12:16:54 AM »
Any thoughts from the board on premiere night, while I wait for a CMT free preview weekend to roll around?

You don't have to wait. Full eps are right here ---> http://www.cmt.com/shows/nashville-squares

BrandonFG

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2019, 02:00:56 AM »
I skipped past the first five minutes because it was mindless celebrity banter.

Like the current Card Sharks this show has everything I was tired of seeing in game shows 15 years ago. Pop-up captions for everything, cheering for everything (No. Really. What exactly does cheering because the contestant agreed with a celebrity add?), idiotic gimmicks, and everything feels forced and manufactured. And for some reason, someone thinks we need an audible celebrity reaction for everything.

The set is nice, but that's about the only positive I found from this.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »
You don't have to wait. Full eps are right here ---> http://www.cmt.com/shows/nashville-squares

Thanks! I have nothing positive to add to the discussion. :) This is exactly everything I dislike about Hip Hop Squares, only with panelists I'm more familiar with... and honestly, a worse host. Is Saget even trying?   

(And let me tellie you, I hate hate hate that I know who Mike Caussin and Jana Kramer are.)
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2019, 01:09:56 PM »
Is Saget even trying?

This one phrase pretty much sums up the entirety of Bob Saget's career.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
Is Saget even trying?

This one phrase pretty much sums up the entirety of Bob Saget's career.
In all fairness, in the 25 years since Full House, he's tried very hard to remind us he actually has a potty mouth. :P

I also see he hasn't stopped shouting since 1 vs. 100.

/Granted, the Half Baked cameo was funny
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!