Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike Richards leaving TPIR?  (Read 13724 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: Mike Richards leaving TPIR?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2019, 12:15:27 AM »
Most times I saw him he was reading a newspaper.

Well he wasn't reading the rules of "Danger Price".

I think he owns a small piece of the show, unfortunately.

BillCullen1

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 10:32:53 AM »
The last time I was on the set Syd Vinnedge showed up. He kept to the stage left side of the stage and Roger kept to the stage right side of the stage, and never the twain did meet.
I had seen Syd in the studio many times and the feeling I got was that most avoided him if possible but acted like they were happy to see him if they couldn’t.

Is Syd the one who came up with the Hollywood background they had around 1992 or so? That looked so hideous and out of place.

cmjb13

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2019, 12:45:28 PM »
The last time I was on the set Syd Vinnedge showed up. He kept to the stage left side of the stage and Roger kept to the stage right side of the stage, and never the twain did meet.
I had seen Syd in the studio many times and the feeling I got was that most avoided him if possible but acted like they were happy to see him if they couldn’t.

Is Syd the one who came up with the Hollywood background they had around 1992 or so? That looked so hideous and out of place.
Yes in 2002.

Though I didn't much care for the Daytime one, the Nighttime one looked great.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »
Unless I’m missing someone, there’s only 4 long time Price staffers left.

Adam Sandler - Since 1995
Sue MacIntyre - Since 1991
Gina Nyman - Mid 80’s?
Stan Blits - Since 1980

I’m thinking Stan myself.

Upon watching a show from 1981, Gina appears on the credits, so a minimum of 38 years.

Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 11:46:28 PM »
They're all approaching retirement age.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »
Last week I watched the July 4 special, which I would say counts as a theme show. There are a few small things I don't like in terms of scripted patter and the like but in the main the things that irritated me in 2002-2007 still chafe in 2019, and Drew isn't going to stop saying "Next prize please" or "keep it or spin."

Back in the old days the show would come up with new games and ditch old ones (even ones I liked) so there has always been a sense of experimentation. To that end I don't mind if they try stuff to see what lands or what explodes in the hangar. My hope is that they are judicious about what falls in what category. (College Rivalry episode doesn't do it for me, Celebrity Week I could take or leave but I always enjoy Best of 20xx. So it's not all good or awful.)
Travis L. Eberle

weaklink75