Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike Richards leaving TPIR?  (Read 13732 times)

urbanpreppie05

Re: Mike Richards leaving TPIR?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »
I don't think it would. He's made it perfectly clear he doesn't agree with many of the changes made- even the ones that clearly work or are similar (and even better) than what he did.
insert signature here

JakeT

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »
What if someone posted something on here, and I replied with "I disagree" or "WRONG" and nothing more. Wouldn't you want to know why I disagree?
In your case, honestly? No.

Meeeooowwww...

JakeT

whewfan

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 06:51:47 PM »
I'll ignore Mimsy for the moment... :-)

Now Roger has posted that someone else "key to TPIR" is also going to leave the show, as well as other staffers. Let the speculations on that begin. I'm thinking Stan Blits.

cmjb13

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
Unless I’m missing someone, there’s only 4 long time Price staffers left.

Adam Sandler - Since 1995
Sue MacIntyre - Since 1991
Gina Nyman - Mid 80’s?
Stan Blits - Since 1980

I’m thinking Stan myself.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:17:52 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JakeT

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2019, 08:13:16 PM »
In reality, until something more has been announced, how is anything Roger Dobkowitz says anything more than speculation either?  Last time I checked, he no longer produces the show and I have great doubts that he's among the current regime's inner circle...

JakeT

cmjb13

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2019, 08:44:52 PM »
Word spreads quickly around TVC.

He could still be friendly with people on the show directly.

Or he could be friends with someone who works at the facility and heard it through them.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JakeT

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2019, 09:49:09 PM »
Word spreads quickly around TVC.

He could still be friendly with people on the show directly.

Or he could be friends with someone who works at the facility and heard it through them.

And that contradicts what I just said how exactly?

Perhaps further clarification of my statement is necessary:  ROGER DOBKOWITZ IS NO LONGER AN AUTHORITY IN ANY WAY OF THE GOINGS-ON RELATED TO "THE PRICE IS RIGHT"...

Anything he states is purely gossip/grapevine chatter...

Is that better?

JakeT

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2019, 12:07:19 PM »
I would be very surprised if Roger wasn't close to most if not all of those few remaining "key personnel".  If any of them left, he'd be the first to know.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »

Gina Nyman - Mid 80’s?
Stan Blits - Since 1980

Down to 3...

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »

Even though this is now official, I'll just chime in to say that while he is no longer there, he does have friends left and he didn't burn bridges on the way out given the way he was shown the door. While I did initially take the rumor with a grain of salt, he's not some nobody when it comes to the Price is Right. I'm going to be more inclined to believe him than "Randommemberxyz" on Golden-Road. I know his FB makes him seem like a bitter old man, but those are his opinions. I doubt he's sitting around thinking up false rumors he can spread.

He recently posted about potential changes coming to the show including accelerating the taping schedule (not much more than they're doing now, in reality) and losing a longtime staffer, as John alluded to above. We'll see if, how, or when these changes will go into effect.

FWIW, I attended a taping of LMAD this past week and he came out onto the stage to fix something on the floor. So, he's still working for Fremantle as of now. His Sony job doesn't start until September. It'll be interesting to see how the change off will happen in the middle of LMAD's taping season and before/during Price's.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

JakeT

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2019, 07:48:44 PM »

Even though this is now official, I'll just chime in to say that while he is no longer there, he does have friends left and he didn't burn bridges on the way out given the way he was shown the door. While I did initially take the rumor with a grain of salt, he's not some nobody when it comes to the Price is Right. I'm going to be more inclined to believe him than "Randommemberxyz" on Golden-Road. I know his FB makes him seem like a bitter old man, but those are his opinions. I doubt he's sitting around thinking up false rumors he can spread.

Two things:

I never once accused him of "thinking up false rumors he can spread"...your words, not mine...

And while you can say he didn't "burn bridges on the way out", he frequently trashes the current production team relentlessly in an effort to get the LFATs all hot and bothered...why anyone currently involved in the show would share info with him (not saying they don't) when he shows the current regime so much disrespect is beyond me...

"seem like a bitter old man"?  Ya think?

JakeT

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2019, 01:15:40 AM »
I never once accused him of "thinking up false rumors he can spread"...your words, not mine...

Never implied you did. I was simply stating that Roger says a lot of things, but baseless rumors usually aren't among them. So while it was still worthy a mild grain of salt, it was out of the ordinary to get something like that from him.

And while you can say he didn't "burn bridges on the way out", he frequently trashes the current production team relentlessly in an effort to get the LFATs all hot and bothered...why anyone currently involved in the show would share info with him (not saying they don't) when he shows the current regime so much disrespect is beyond me...

I can't say for sure, but my hunch would be that perhaps some of those remaining staffers weren't (and perhaps still aren't) fans of some of the changes made since his departure and agree with him more than they don't. Some of Roger's relationships with staffers run almost 40 years deep. And I doubt Facebook statuses about stuff they probably agree on is going to change that.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »

Gina Nyman - Mid 80’s?
    Stan Blits - Since 1980

Down to 3...

Who else has left?

I don't keep up with the show any more, but I assume Karen Russak (Roger's sister in law) is long gone?

Roger coming back has about as much chance of happening as old man Goodson rising from the grave to fire everyone. I don't know why people clamor for it.

The last time I was on the set Syd Vinnedge showed up. He kept to the stage left side of the stage and Roger kept to the stage right side of the stage, and never the twain did meet.

Stan started with the company in early 1979, about a month after I started. He was promoted from CBS page.

cmjb13

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2019, 06:54:03 PM »
The last time I was on the set Syd Vinnedge showed up. He kept to the stage left side of the stage and Roger kept to the stage right side of the stage, and never the twain did meet.

I believe you were also there when Drew did his audience rehearsal. That was a site to see

I had seen Syd in the studio many times and the feeling I got was that most avoided him if possible but acted like they were happy to see him if they couldn’t.

Most times I saw him he was reading a newspaper.