Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike Richards leaving TPIR?  (Read 13726 times)

SuperMatch93

Mike Richards leaving TPIR?
« on: June 20, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
Roger Dobkowitz posted this on Facebook today:

The word that I have just heard from a backstage source is that Mike Richards is leaving the Price Is Right.

https://www.facebook.com/538567054/posts/10156546270132055/

Certainly an interesting development if true.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

JakeT

Re: Mike Richards leaving TPIR?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »
How many have suggested, "maybe they'll rehire you, oh great and powerful Dobs and you will bring the spirit of Grand Poobah Barker with you and MAKE TPiR GREAT AGAIN"?

EDIT: Took a look at the post itself and that's EXACTLY what most of them are doing...genuinely pathetic on multiple levels...

Perhaps if they rehire ole Rog, they can add a reflecting pool to the set so The Dobs can walk on water...seems that is among his many talents according to his many "fans"...

JakeT
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:34:15 PM by JakeT »

jimlangefan

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 09:34:38 PM »
Randy West posted the same thing with more detail minutes later.  If it's true,  according to the source that told Randy, Mike will be taking a position at Sony to help them bring more game shows to air.
TV's Big Dealer

JakeT

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:43:28 PM »
Randy West posted the same thing with more detail minutes later.  If it's true,  according to the source that told Randy, Mike will be taking a position at Sony to help them bring more game shows to air.

So, without question, this is a step-up for Richards, which certainly won't please the uberLFATs...

JakeT

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 11:41:51 PM »
Is it asking too much to hope for a daytime version of Pyramid on ABC? 
--Mark
Phil 4:13

jimlangefan

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 03:28:37 AM »

So, without question, this is a step-up for Richards, which certainly won't please the uberLFATs...

JakeT

Lol it hasn't from what i've seen
TV's Big Dealer

whewfan

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 07:23:34 AM »
I think we'd all like to see Roger return, but CBS would NEVER let that happen. CBS likes Drew, they implemented some of the changes we've seen in the last 12 years, it wasn't all Mike. As long as Drew is there, I don't think the show would change much if at all under someone else, but there's always speculation of whether Drew would want to continue the show with someone else as EP.

TPIR has had a few EP changes in the Barker era, and while us die hard fans could pick apart the changes done with the EPs, anyone else would hardly notice.

I am gonna go out on a limb and saw that Drew will NOT become the new EP. I don't think he would want that title officially, even though he already has a lot of say about how to conduct the show. If anything, someone already there will be promoted, and it'll be business as usual.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 07:51:54 AM »
I think we'd all like to see Roger return

Nah.
@lambertman

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 10:07:13 AM »
Chris, it's okay if you disagree, I know there are some on here that may not like what Roger has done with the show, but I wish you would elaborate on WHY you wouldn't want Roger back. (Not that I am saying that's even an option... it would be no more probable than Bob returning to host.)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 10:29:21 AM »
Matt : not everything needs to be explained to within an inch of its life.
Travis L. Eberle

calliaume

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 10:30:29 AM »
On a side note, Roger turns 74 next month.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »
Chris, it's okay if you disagree, I know there are some on here that may not like what Roger has done with the show, but I wish you would elaborate on WHY you wouldn't want Roger back. (Not that I am saying that's even an option... it would be no more probable than Bob returning to host.)
Nobody said they hate what he did. Would you go back to a job that fired you, regardless of how justified or unjustified it was? Having personally gone through such a situation, I’ll say it’s not fun, and I would have zero desire to return, at least not without a hefty raise.

The folks who constantly gripe on Roger’s page refuse to understand that times have changed. It’s not 1992, and Drew himself said he wanted to get away from the old way of doing things and not be Barker 2.0. The same fans fail to see that the last several years of Bob’s era were dry and monotonous.

You don’t have to like the current era, but you also don’t have to watch. And from what I’ve seen on Roger’s Facebook, it’s a whole lotta people claiming to hate the show now, yet know exactly what happened on this week’s episodes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 12:02:45 PM »
Mike Richards is also the EP of LMAD. Is he leaving that show as well?

cmjb13

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 01:04:04 PM »
If anything, someone already there will be promoted, and it'll be business as usual.
This

Nobody said they hate what he did. Would you go back to a job that fired you, regardless of how justified or unjustified it was? Having personally gone through such a situation, I’ll say it’s not fun, and I would have zero desire to return, at least not without a hefty raise.
Even if they made him an offer, I strongly believe he would want full control which I would doubt Fremantle would give him.
I would suspect that if he did return, one of the first things he would do get rid of the themed shows
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JakeT

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
I think we'd all like to see Roger return <SNIP>

"All" is a rather overwhelming term...and not even remotely accurate...

Roger Dobkowitz is the Norma Desmond of the game show production world and his fanbois are collectively his faithful Max...

Why it is so hard for some to give up the ghost?

JakeT