Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Wall and Hollytwood Gamne Night return  (Read 5537 times)

BrandonFG

Re: The Wall and Hollytwood Gamne Night return
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 01:26:49 AM »
I’ve been on a show that introduced me by my first and last name. I’ve been on a show (several shows, actually) that introduced me by my first name only. The difference in the amount of harassment/unsolicited contact between the two experiences is night and day. Please don’t give the audience our last names. It brings nothing extra to the audience except an opportunity to be creepy.
In the social media era, I totally get it. In a similar vein, news outlets like to use tweets that have gained traction, to help further whatever headline. However, it’s never tweets they invited the public to use via a specific hashtag. Instead they simply searched a keyword associated with the headline, and cobble a story out of a dozen related tweets. Not only is it lazy, but I’ve seen and experienced the backlash associated with doing so. It never drives the discussion the way they think it would.

Going back to your point, why do I need your full name? Although “Jeopardy” champs become rock stars in their own right, most shows don’t have returning champions anymore, so I’m really only rooting for someone for the episode. I don’t need to know a last name for that, and I’m not gonna lose sleep because I don’t know the last name of Rebecca who won $40,000 on the Money Cards.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Casey Buck

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 01:42:06 AM »
TPiR might be the only show that actually needs to have first and last names for the contestants. Otherwise, it would be quite awkward if George Gray said "John, come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!", and multiple people end up running down the aisle.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:47:18 AM by Casey Buck »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 05:42:42 AM »
I’ve been on a show that introduced me by my first and last name. I’ve been on a show (several shows, actually) that introduced me by my first name only. The difference in the amount of harassment/unsolicited contact between the two experiences is night and day. Please don’t give the audience our last names. It brings nothing extra to the audience except an opportunity to be creepy.

"Jennifer, Come on Down! Bill, Come on Down! Andre, Come on Down!, Pat, Come on Down!  You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right!"  Just kidding, of course, but some shows will always have first and last names.  Imagine if J! only did first names, there would be an interest in knowing James last name, wouldn't you say?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JakeT

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 06:55:09 PM »
Imagine if J! only did first names, there would be an interest in knowing James last name, wouldn't you say?

Actually, for me, no...not in the slightest...

Know the only person(s) it would be of interest to?

James himself because he's clearly a narcissist and loves the attention...

And whomever would create a creepy stalky fanboi website in tribute to "King James"...

**and I am still not convinced these two people aren't one in the same**

JakeT

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 07:59:38 PM »
TPiR might be the only show that actually needs to have first and last names for the contestants. Otherwise, it would be quite awkward if George Gray said "John, come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!", and multiple people end up running down the aisle.
TPIR has staffers holding up cue cards with the audience members' full names at the same time George is announcing it. So actually, they could switch to just having George announce a first name with absolutely no problems.