Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC Fun and Games 2019 ‐‐ Rank 'em!  (Read 6144 times)

aaron sica

Re: ABC Fun and Games 2019 ‐‐ Rank 'em!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 10:48:28 AM »
My rankings..

1) Pyramid -- Has always been a favorite, and it's true to the originals that preceded it.
2) MG - In the same vein of Pyramid, true to the originals. Went back to the tried-and-true '70s game, and not any enhancements or modifications.
3) CFF - I don't get a chance to see the syndicated one much, and it's nice to see Feud "on a network".
4) CS - Some interesting modifications - 1 round of 10 cards. However, I've always been a fan of the push rule in Money Cards, which is gone.
5) PYL - The first part, old school PYL? Golden. The second half bonus round? Unnecessary.
6) TTTT - never got into previous versions, so not really motivated to watch the new one.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »
I think that ranking them just solely in ordinal order doesn't do it justice:

Pyramid: B minus. (It's been four years, surely the kinks in gameplay should be ironed out by now. If reaction shots and gratuitous applause were edited there would be enough time for an abbreviated tie break. )

Truth: C plus. (I don't watch as much as I used to because it seems that the game and stories take a back seat to the celebrities. Maybe that's changed.)

Card Sharks: D plus

Press Your Luck: D minus. Barely passing.

Match Game/Family Feud: F
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 03:53:02 PM »
1) Pyramid: true to the original with very good gameplay from both the contestants and celebrities. Strahan does a very good job hosting.

2) Press Your Luck: Very well updated, exactly how a 2019 version should be. If it weren't for the bonus round, I'd even rank this above Pyramid.

3) Card Sharks: The ten-card format worked better than I thought it would when I first heard about it. The core of the game is still there and good as ever.

4) Match Game: Not quite as entertaining as the 70s one, and Alec's hosting isn't up to the standard that Gene set, but still fun.

5) To Tell The Truth: I haven't really been able to get into this. I much prefer the panel cross-examining one at a time, like in the earlier versions. Anthony's mom adds very little to the show.

6) Celebrity Family Feud: Haven't seen any families that I was interested in/could root for. Might as well just watch the syndicated version.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983