The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

ABC Fun and Games 2019 ‐‐ Rank 'em!

(1/4) > >>

TimK2003:
How do you rank this years class of ABC primetime revivals from best to worst?

1) Pyramid -- The most challenging game and the least "over the top" contestants.
2) PYL -- Despite the Big Bucks Bonanza round, a great revival.
3) MG
4) TTTT
5) CS -- To me, it reminds me more of CS 2001 than the Perry/Eubanks/Rafferty versions.
6) CFF -- Same old schtick, it was funny for about the first 10 minutes in season one.

Chuck Sutton:
Here's how I rank them.

1. To Tell the Truth.  Somehow just playing for fun and pride makes it more fun, especially get a good guest like wire Walker that saved someone hanging from ski lift.  It was magic when he told the tale and all 4 scoffed.

2.  100,000 Pyramid again good players  and celebrities work great.

3. Match Game

4.  Celebrity Family Feud, although Fast Money is made way too easy on here.

5. Press your Luck.  Probably 1 or 2 just for real game but the bonus game that is just a clone of Deal or No Deal, without averaging the remaining cases that made it work.

6. Card Sharks. One game 10 cards five questions does not seem to work.

Chief-O:
1) Pyramid: About as well done of a revival as we'll get these days.
2) PYL: See previous comment, but the bonus round is a deduction.
3) MG: Also well-done, and I won't deduct on raciness, but some of the questions are stinkers, and Alec is certainly an acquired taste (I personally feel he's doing well on there).
4) CS: Joel will take a bit of getting used to, plus pacing needs to be worked out, the contestants are too excited, the announcer doesn't sound excited enough (added in post?).....otherwise, it isn't too bad.
5) TTTT: I did warm up to it a little bit last season, but it's still my least favorite version of the entire franchise. Just a time-kill for me if anything.
6) Celebrity Feud, by default. I don't watch it.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Chuck Sutton on June 14, 2019, 11:12:07 AM ---Here's how I rank them

--- End quote ---
The celebrity charity games are always going to be a little easier because not winning money for charity might look pretty bad on TV.

My list:
1. Pyramid

2. Match Game

3. Press Your Luck, although I think the bonus round could be shortened or just do two half-hour games.

4. TTTT. This has really grown on me though.

5. Card Sharks. Like I said in another thread, lose the Endemol elements and we’ll talk.

6. Celebrity Family Feud. Same issues I have with the daytime version. I do like the old-schoolish intro, though.

Chuck Sutton:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on June 14, 2019, 10:07:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chuck Sutton on June 14, 2019, 11:12:07 AM ---Here's how I rank them

--- End quote ---
The celebrity charity games are always going to be a little easier because not winning money for charity might look pretty bad on TV.

--- End quote ---
Ok I see that  but "name a month starts with M"  is not just a little easier but a free 100 points.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version