Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: America Says enters syndie game  (Read 5658 times)

whewfan

Re: America Says enters syndie game
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 06:44:59 AM »
Feud and America Says may be nearly the same game, but America Says at least has stayed family friendly and would be good alternative for those (like me) that aren't too keen on Feud's turn to "Match Game" style shenanigans. I always liked Match Game... but Match Game is Match Game... Feud is Feud... but what do I know, Harvey's not going anywhere and he's done the show for 10 years now.

BillCullen1

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »
Harvey reportedly makes a good salary for FF. I've seen unconfirmed rumors on the internet that next year, when it's time to renew his FF contract, Harvey will either be replaced or asked to take a salary cut. Again, these are rumors, so who knows?

As for "America Says," I think it's one of the better GSN originals. Now that's it's going national, they may produce more episodes so they have enough to go a full season.

How many weeks does a full syndie season consist of these days? 30? 35?

SwohS Emag

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »
America Says has produced 160 episodes (34 weeks) to-date.  The article says "first-run syndication" but a logical interpretation of that phrase could also suggest that the reruns will be seen for the first time in (broadcast) syndication, hence first-run.  Unless that term is a recognized "industry standard" term, perhaps?

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »
In the case of Baggage, they called the reruns "off-net syndication", which is basically a fancy way of saying "reruns". I'm not disputing your theory, but I would think it's misleading to call first-run episodes reruns, unless they're episodes that simply have yet to air on GSN.

Meanwhile, Cash Cab made no mention of off-net or first-run.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »
America Says has produced 160 episodes (34 weeks) to-date. 

Actually, 160 episodes amounts to 32 weeks, not 34. But that's probably enough for a full syndie season.

Neumms

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 12:59:37 PM »
Harvey reportedly makes a good salary for FF. I've seen unconfirmed rumors on the internet that next year, when it's time to renew his FF contract, Harvey will either be replaced or asked to take a salary cut. Again, these are rumors, so who knows?

Geez, they beat Wheel despite a weaker channel lineup, how big a margin does Fremantle expect? It’s not as if prize money eats up their budget. Not to question your sources, but it's hard to imagine them risking what they’ve built on finding a cheaper yet popular capable host.

I’ve not minded the bashful old ladies giving dirty answers as much as the insanely tacky, long-past-surprising euphemisms on the board.

BillCullen1

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 06:10:55 PM »
My sources are basically YouTube bloggers. The "wildest" rumor about this I saw was that Harvey will be replaced by Michael Strahan. Considering that Feud is done in L.A. and Strahan and his shows are done in NYC, I don't see this happening.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »
My sources are basically YouTube bloggers. The "wildest" rumor about this I saw was that Harvey will be replaced by Michael Strahan. Considering that Feud is done in L.A. and Strahan and his shows are done in NYC, I don't see this happening.
But you still saw fit to pass this along to us.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 10:16:13 PM »
My sources are basically YouTube bloggers.

This means that you have no sources. Please remember this before posting any of your hot tips in the future, Scoop.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation