Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR 4th Birthday Marathon  (Read 9893 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
BUZZR 4th Birthday Marathon
« on: May 27, 2019, 04:17:09 PM »
Looks like we are getting some more classic episodes of The Price is Right...

A little teaser video here on Facebook

Sodboy13

Re: BUZZR 4th Birthday Marathon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:56:08 PM »
Good gracious, yes.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

cyclone45

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 09:52:54 PM »
I hope they air more than JUST Price that day, though. But if they don't, plenty of other TV to watch.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 10:10:56 PM »
BILL: Mrs. Holman, everyone knows that French poodles do not understand anything but their native language, French. Do you speak French?

MRS. HOLMAN (flustered): Si, si, uh, oui, oui!

BILL: Oui, oui. The dogs do also.

Brilliant.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Scrabbleship

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »
I hope they air more than JUST Price that day, though. But if they don't, plenty of other TV to watch.

At the very beginning I caught a glimpse of what looked like the last season of Collyer TTTT. Given their recent history of hacking shows, I wonder if they'd bother to hack a show that was 25 minutest to start. As is they would end up with extra commercial time given how without commercials those episodes ran about 19 minutes.

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:30:44 AM »
I'm hoping they update their schedule soon!  Right now there's nothing special on the 8th.

snowpeck

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 11:34:06 AM »
I'm hoping they update their schedule soon!  Right now there's nothing special on the 8th.
The 8th has a handful of Press Your Luck and Card Sharks (from 1988) episodes in primetime to tie in with the new shows premiering on ABC.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bryce L.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 09:42:52 PM »

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 02:27:14 PM »
YOU’RE INVITED:

JOIN US IN CELEBRATING BUZZR’S 4TH BIRTHDAY

TUNE-IN FOR A MONTH-LONG CELEBRATION THIS JUNE, WITH A NEW STUNT EACH WEEK!

4 weeks of FUN honoring 4 years of America’s favorite and only retro game show network.

First up, starting Saturday, June 8th BUZZR toasts the upcoming launch of ABC primetime game shows: Press Your Luck, Card Sharks and Match Game by airing a special block of vintage episodes of the same variety! That’s two retro episodes of Press Your Luck(from 1985) at 8pm ET/PT, two episodes of Card Sharks (from 1988) at 9pm ET/PT and two episodes ofMatch Game (from 1978) at 10pm ET/PT.

But wait, there’s an exciting twist – contestants Cookie Young (now Cathy Cisneros) playing in BUZZR’s Press Your Luck and Christina (who now goes by Chris) Carter playing in BUZZR’s run of Card Sharks will also be seen THIS summer, 30+ years later via ABC’s NEWEST take on both shows - primetime episodes ofCard Sharks starring host Joel McHale and Press Your Luck starring host Elizabeth Banks. Don’t miss your chance to watch Cathy and Chris’ gameplay from 1985 and 1988, before you get a chance to watch them in action on ABC, decades after their initial game show, debut to determine if they have honed their skills! No whammies or unlucky decks dealt...we hope.

Next up, on Sunday June 16th BUZZR airs the definitive Game Changers documentary following legendary host Alex Trebek on a very personal journey through the world of television game shows. Get cozy with BUZZR on Sunday from 6-8pm ET and catch Alex Trebek at his finest!

Then in week three, on Sunday June 23rd BUZZR hosts a special marathon of The Price Is Right, featuring some of the most beloved episodes with original host, Bill Cullen. If you’re a fan of the prizes given away onPrice, wait until you see what Mr. Cullen offered up in 1957…we’re talking two living, breathing French Poodles and a Trip to Paris – need I say more? Tune-in from 4p-8p ET and satiate your old school game show fix.

Last, closing out the b-day bonanza, on Sunday, June 30th from 4p-11p ET, BUZZR celebrates National Pride Month with a collection of vintage game shows highlighting famous faces that are near and dear to the LGBTQ community! Look out for BUZZR icons such as Charles Nelson Reilly, Wesley Eure, Jim J. Bullock, Lily Tomlin, Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland, and more…

THIS JUNE IS ALL ABOUT BUZZR! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY.

My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JakeT

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 08:36:51 PM »
YOU’RE INVITED:

JOIN US IN CELEBRATING BUZZR’S 4TH BIRTHDAY

Last, closing out the b-day bonanza, on Sunday, June 30th from 4p-11p ET, BUZZR celebrates National Pride Month with a collection of vintage game shows highlighting famous faces that are near and dear to the LGBTQ community! Look out for BUZZR icons such as Charles Nelson Reilly, Wesley Eure, Jim J. Bullock, Lily Tomlin, Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland, and more…

YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS, QWWWWWWEEEEEEENNNNNN!!!!!!!!

JakeT

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 09:48:18 PM »
YOU’RE INVITED:

Last, closing out the b-day bonanza, on Sunday, June 30th from 4p-11p ET, BUZZR celebrates National Pride Month with a collection of vintage game shows highlighting famous faces that are near and dear to the LGBTQ community! Look out for BUZZR icons such as Charles Nelson Reilly, Wesley Eure, Jim J. Bullock, Lily Tomlin, Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland, and more…

Maybe they can show the IGAS '72 episode with Paul Lynde. A B&W show with Robert Q. Lewis.

snowpeck

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 10:00:06 PM »
YOU’RE INVITED:

Maybe they can show the IGAS '72 episode with Paul Lynde. A B&W show with Robert Q. Lewis.

The press kit included some video clips. The ones for this marathon are the Paul Lynde appearance you mentioned and Judy Garland on WML?.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 11:48:59 PM »
What would they have for Bullock?  Unless they have more than one week of MGHS or any of MG9x converted, BL would be about it, no?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 07:53:00 PM »
He was also a regular on the seemingly very rare IGAS '00 from Oxygen. Some friends and I were wondering if that's where Lily Tomlin comes in? That episode featuring her is online though. Did she appear on syndie WML or something?

We suspect that while it could be MGHS for Bullock, it's probably BL.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

snowpeck

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 11:04:30 PM »
He was also a regular on the seemingly very rare IGAS '00 from Oxygen. Some friends and I were wondering if that's where Lily Tomlin comes in? That episode featuring her is online though. Did she appear on syndie WML or something?

We suspect that while it could be MGHS for Bullock, it's probably BL.

Lily Tomlin was a mystery guest during the Wally Bruner era of WML, so it will probably be that.