Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Found: GET RICH QUICK! theme  (Read 2924 times)

kgordonmurray

Found: GET RICH QUICK! theme
« on: May 25, 2019, 02:54:45 AM »
GET RICH QUICK theme:

The music comes from the Conroy Recorded Music Library (a UK label). The album is PRESENTATIONS - SOUNDS INDUSTRIAL (BMLP 110).  It was added to Conroy's catalog in 1974.

The track is titled SPORTS PAGE by Keith Andrew Roberts, who is British. The track is on Side 1, Cut 5 and runs 1:00.

Conroy's library is now available via APM Music and yes, you can audition SPORTS PAGE totally in the clear on APM's website. Link to the album provided by Joe Mello directly below.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:58:55 PM by kgordonmurray »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Re: Holy Grail Found: GET RICH QUICK! theme
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 07:36:33 AM »
This signature is currently under construction.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 08:29:03 AM »
Wow.....thank you for digging this up. I'm sure I'm not alone in having trolled the production music sites hoping to find this (I thought it was from either KPM or Bruton).

The interesting aspect is that except for its previously unheard 10-second lead-in, everything we hear on the GRQ! pilot comprises the entire piece of music! I would have bet it was but a chunk of a much longer composition.

It does seems to loop in the credits, seemingly fading back up to around the :12 mark.

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 03:23:55 PM »
It sounds similar to the second Jackpot! theme/Shoot for the Stars theme. I wonder if that theme was inspired by this one. Come to think of it, the Blankety Blanks/Double Talk theme also sounds like a re-arrangement of that theme.

whewfan

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 03:28:51 PM »
On a side note, I would also like to hear the Stumpers theme in the clear, as well as Whew! cues. I know the Whew! cues are available, but not online. Would've been awesome to have when I did my own version back in 2003.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 03:47:30 PM »
Cut #3 has similarities to "Jet Set."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 07:37:06 PM »
Come to think of it, the Blankety Blanks/Double Talk theme also sounds like a re-arrangement of that theme.

It's worth noting that at least one of the "Blankety Blanks" pilots did use this as the theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9kNiXSIt8

JakeT

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 10:42:31 PM »
Interesting as to what is a holy grail to some while never showing up on the radar of others...

JakeT

kgordonmurray

Re: Found: GET RICH QUICK! theme
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »
Hi JakeT:

I've modified my original post. I've removed the "holy grail" suggestion.

Respectfully,

KGM

JakeT

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 12:53:28 AM »
Hi JakeT:

I've modified my original post. I've removed the "holy grail" suggestion.

Respectfully,

KGM

NO NO NO!  THAT'S SILLY!  I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't a valid designation!  My "holy grail" list would probably cause some to roll their eyes!

JakeT

gamed121683

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 07:31:58 AM »
Hey, to each their own on the definition of "holy grail". However, I seem to be in agreement with kgordonmurray for the themes to Stumpers! and the Get Rich Quick! pilot were also on my most wanted list and I'm happy to know that the latter I can now cross off (the former I fear might be lost to time). Thanks for your effort in finding this gem!

Another one on my holy grail list that I've been searching for for some time, but to no avail is the Beat The Odds pilot theme from '75 hosted by Chuck Henry. I remember hearing it on one of MLB Network's Countdown shows a few years back. If only I knew what stock music house they use...

kgordonmurray

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 03:20:24 PM »
Cut #3 has similarities to "Jet Set."

Agreed, Jimmy Owen. As one friend put it, "It sounds like JET SET laying on its side."

NO NO NO!  THAT'S SILLY!  I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't a valid designation!  My "holy grail" list would probably cause some to roll their eyes!
JakeT

Sorry for misunderstanding the intent of your post, JakeT. Thank you for clarifying!

Another one on my holy grail list that I've been searching for for some time, but to no avail is the Beat The Odds pilot theme from '75 hosted by Chuck Henry.

With you on BEAT THE ODDS, gamed121683. I've invested wasted untold hours of searching and nothing yet. But one day...one day. I also rank FANTASY (1982) high on my want list. And as JakeT hinted above, it would probably get eye rolls from some...!