Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Host Wardrobe Question  (Read 25143 times)

tomobrien

Game Show Host Wardrobe Question
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2004, 10:31:52 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 04:21 PM\']
I have NEVER seen a GS host wearing Brooks Brothers. For the same reason I've never seen one wear Armani. [/quote]
IIRC, Anne Robinson wore Armani.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2004, 10:39:32 AM »
[quote name=\'tomobrien\' date=\'Feb 10 2004, 10:31 AM\'] IIRC, Anne Robinson wore Armani. [/quote]
Armani = women's leather?  The mind boggles.  When I think of Armani, I'm more likely to think of former NBA coach Pat Riley than any game show host.

ObBasketball: NBA = Nothing But Air.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 10:39:42 AM by GS Warehouse »

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2004, 01:47:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 09:51 PM\'] And how soon we forget Mr. Guy, made popular by Alex Trebek in his "Classic Concentration" days.
 [/quote]
 And I'm guessing Cliff Huxtable supplied the sweaters he wore on the show? :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2004, 03:05:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 09:51 PM\']And how soon we forget Mr. Guy, made popular by Alex Trebek in his "Classic Concentration" days.[/quote]
"REMOTE CONTROL" CONTESTANT:  What is "The Brady Bunch?"

KEN OBER (tugging at his polo shirt):  Do these clothes look like they come from Mr. Guy?

ChuckNet

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2004, 08:30:38 PM »
(he wore Rubin Brothers clothes, among probably other company's clothes, on the original Squares).

As did Gene Rayburn on MG '7X, and Jim Peck on The Big Showdown, among other hosts.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

JohnTheGameMan

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2004, 09:22:59 PM »
Here's another one: I remember on "Three on a Match", Bill Cullen's wardrobe was by a company named Promanade Fashions for Men.
Also, Karen Marie Thomas' wardrobe on some episodes of "Million Dollar Chance of a Lifetime" were by Barbara Barbara.  I know Karen was a co-host on the show during the second season, but I thought she should be included as well.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2004, 10:38:54 PM »
[quote name=\'JohnTheGameMan\' date=\'Feb 10 2004, 07:22 PM\'] I know Karen was a co-host on the show during the second season, but I thought she should be included as well. [/quote]
 Oh goody. I'm sure we'll thank you later for prolonging this thread by opening THAT can of worms...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2004, 12:22:32 PM »
Also, Karen Marie Thomas' wardrobe on some episodes of "Million Dollar Chance of a Lifetime" were by Barbara Barbara.

They also supplied some wardrobe for Summer Bartholomew on $otC, along w/Warren Z. and other companies.

zachhoran

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2004, 12:24:51 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 12:22 PM\']
Also, Karen Marie Thomas' wardrobe on some episodes of "Million Dollar Chance of a Lifetime" were by Barbara Barbara.

They also supplied some wardrobe for Summer Bartholomew on $otC, along w/Warren Z. and other companies.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Add Eubanks CS to the list of shows with clothes supplied by Barbara Barbara and Warren Z. I think TPIR had the beauties of the 80s in Warren Z clothes from time to time.

Jamey Greek

Re: Game Show Host Wardrobe Question
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2020, 05:00:34 PM »

She also wore clothes from Gottschalk's.  She was their spokesperson at the time.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2020, 05:01:21 PM »
In the early 90s Vanna and the TPIR models wore Carol Anderson.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2020, 05:12:26 PM »
Jamey, put this thread back in the attic where you found it.

chrisholland03

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2020, 05:15:55 PM »
Sixteen years has to be a record.

BrandonFG

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2020, 07:03:19 PM »
Thanks for reminding me of a certain now-banned poster who I’d like to forget exists. Also, it is possible to merge two thoughts into the same thread instead of starting another one.

/Not randomly bumping 16-y/o threads is a thought
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:21 PM »
Thanks for reminding me of a certain now-banned poster who I’d like to forget exists. Also, it is possible to merge two thoughts into the same thread instead of starting another one.

/Not randomly bumping 16-y/o threads is a thought

Yeah, but look who's doing it. Not his first rodeo.

Don't even wanna know the thought process that went into it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022