Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Host Wardrobe Question  (Read 25058 times)

Don Howard

Game Show Host Wardrobe Question
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 07:25:02 AM »
[quote name=\'AZAndrewG\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 06:20 AM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 11:13 PM\'] This was waaaaaaaay in the back of my mind, but Geoff's wardrobe on PtP was supplied by After Six, Inc. [/quote]
Actually, that was on "The New Treasure Hunt."  He wore tuxedos from After Six. [/quote]
 And his leisure suits on Jackpot were from Before Six.

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2004, 12:50:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 07:25 AM\'] [quote name=\'AZAndrewG\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 06:20 AM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 11:13 PM\'] This was waaaaaaaay in the back of my mind, but Geoff's wardrobe on PtP was supplied by After Six, Inc. [/quote]
Actually, that was on "The New Treasure Hunt."  He wore tuxedos from After Six. [/quote]
And his leisure suits on Jackpot were from Before Six. [/quote]
 You sure they just didn't cost Six Dollars? (groan)

I know Bergeron wore Rick Pallack on the first couple of seasons, but doesn't Bert Pulitzer supply his wardrobe now?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004, 12:54:46 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 05:21 PM\'][quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 02:25 PM\'] You know, every time I start to think that I worry too much about minutia in my life... I just check out boards like these, and I feel a whole lot better. [/quote]
Ain't THAT the truth.

I have NEVER seen a GS host wearing Brooks Brothers. For the same reason I've never seen one wear Armani. Both, however, are available for your professional-wear needs.[/quote]
Newton wore Brooks Brothers on the first season of "Whammy!", of all shows.  He just didn't wear a tie.  :)

ChuckNet

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2004, 08:36:25 PM »
John Davidson seemed to use lesser-known brands for his suits...on HS, they were from The Men's Store @ Sears, and two separate suppliers on $100K Pyramid: Prestige of Sherman Oaks (1st season), and Grief Studio (2nd).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 09:31:23 PM »
I also remember that Dick Clark wore Robert Stock on Pyramid.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2004, 09:51:09 PM »
>> I also remember that Dick Clark wore Robert Stock on Pyramid.
And Henry Grethel, too.
>> I know Bergeron wore Rick Pallack on the first couple of seasons, but doesn't Bert Pulitzer supply his wardrobe now?
I think so. They also supplied Bob Eubanks when he did the mid-late 90's "Newlywed Game"

EDIT: Another one I just noticed was Petrocelli, which Jack Narz wore on NYSI [fortunately, that RealVideo of the credit roll [from the Page O' Clips] came in handy!]

And how soon we forget Mr. Guy, made popular by Alex Trebek in his "Classic Concentration" days.

ObMenswear/Gameshows: The only suit in my collection is a Fioravanti, which is one of the brands Eubanks wore on CS86. Thank goodness for thrift stores...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 10:23:14 PM by Chief-O »

zachhoran

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2004, 09:51:18 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 09:31 PM\'] I also remember that Dick Clark wore Robert Stock on Pyramid. [/quote]
Dick wore Rubin Brothers and later Botany 500 in the NYC days of Pyramid
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 09:51:52 PM by zachhoran »

davemackey

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2004, 09:52:05 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 05:44 PM\'] Stuck in my head from repeated readings: "Chuck Woolery's wardrobe provided by Bernini".
 [/quote]
 Chuck was in Augustus on WOF, Ratner/Dimitri and later Bernini on Love Connection, and Pierre Cardin on Scrabble. I can still hear Charlie Tuna doing those plugs in my head.

zachhoran

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2004, 09:53:46 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 08:36 PM\'] John Davidson seemed to use lesser-known brands for his suits: On $100K Pyramid: Prestige of Sherman Oaks (1st season), and Grief Studio (2nd).

[/quote]
 GrEIf as in Perry Ellis for the Greif Companies? That company's clothes were also worn by Trebek later in the runs of Classic Concentration and in that same era on J!, and he also wore that company's clothes on TTTT91.

zachhoran

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2004, 09:55:59 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 09:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 05:44 PM\'] Stuck in my head from repeated readings: "Chuck Woolery's wardrobe provided by Bernini".
 [/quote]
Chuck was in Augustus on WOF, Ratner/Dimitri and later Bernini on Love Connection, and Pierre Cardin on Scrabble. I can still hear Charlie Tuna doing those plugs in my head. [/quote]
 CHuck wore Lacrosse clothing(a division of Warren Sewell CLothing Company), on LC in the late 80s, and I think he wore that company's clothes on Scrabble late in its run too.

zachhoran

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2004, 09:59:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 09:51 PM\']

And how soon we forget Mr. Guy, made popular by Alex Trebek in his "Classic Concentration" days.

ObMenswear/Gameshows: The only suit in my collection is a Fioravanti, which is one of the brands Eubanks wore on CS86. Thank goodness for thrift stores... [/quote]
 ALex first wore Mr. Guy clothing on Battlestars, before they got the big time plugs when he started wearing them on J! in 1984. Peter Marshall also wore Mr. Guy on All-Star Blitz(he wore Rubin Brothers clothes, among probably other company's clothes, on the original Squares).

Fioravanti was also worn by Henry Polic II on Double Talk and David Sparks on 1986-87 Crosswits.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2004, 10:01:44 PM »
Bill Cullen's wardrobe on "Winning Streak" was from Barney's-New York.  I wonder if they provided Geoff's on "Jackpot!" as well.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2004, 10:26:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 10:01 PM\'] Bill Cullen's wardrobe on "Winning Streak" was from Barney's-New York.  I wonder if they provided Geoff's on "Jackpot!" as well. [/quote]
 See above, my dearest.

tvrandywest

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2004, 10:27:27 PM »
Louie Anderson: Rochester Big and Tall!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Winkfan

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2004, 12:21:01 AM »
I wonder where some of the GS hosts of the 50s and early 60s got their suits? Probably from THEIR OWN closets! Or maybe they shared their wardrobe during those early days. Imagine some alert viewer back then turning to his/her mate and saying, 'Look! George DeWitt is wearing one of Randy Merriman's neckties!'

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--[color=\"red\"]the 'Karen Valentine of the Big Board!'[/color]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:02:14 AM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)