Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWBTAM is officially cancelled after this season  (Read 7229 times)

Gsguy

Re: WWBTAM is officially cancelled after this season
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2019, 05:01:44 PM »
The show has not been appointment TV for me for several years now. I tried out to be a contestant a few times when Meredith became the host and the show taped in NYC. It had a nice run. But put it to bed and bring it back a few years from now.

I also visited the "Play It" attraction at Disneyland in 2001. I was there the week that 9/11 happened. I didn't get picked but it was fun to see it done.

I went there and got the top score on the leaderboard...but time ran out and I never got the chance to play! Frustrating.

The question was about Chaplin's first leading lady, who was Edna Purviance.

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »
i will miss this show badly
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

dscungio

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2019, 09:51:48 PM »
The prime time version was one of my favorite game shows ever.

The early version of syndicated show was nice and I loved Meredith Viera's hosting, but losing her and having too many format changes certainly hurt it.  These last few seasons with few six-digit winners just made it not memorable.

I was in the Play It! attraction at Walt Disney World in 2002 and lost on my 250K question.  Playing the game after beating over 600 people in a Fastest Finger was such a thrill!