Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL  (Read 3973 times)

beatlefreak84

PYL
« on: February 13, 2004, 09:54:51 AM »
Hello there,

As is evidenced by the subject line, I'm certainly a regular viewer of the great "New" episodes of PYL we've been getting on the weekend (certainly one of the bright spots of the GSN schedule!).

Anyway, I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I have two questions:

1.  Did GSN acquire the entire run of PYL?  Or is it just another batch of 200 eps.?

2.  Where are we in the run, and at what point will we hit their 400th acquired episode so we see if we'll be going back to Feb. 1984 again?  :)

Any help would be appreciated, but I have a feeling I know who's going to answer this one!  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

zachhoran

PYL
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 10:14:54 AM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 09:54 AM\']

1.  Did GSN acquire the entire run of PYL?  Or is it just another batch of 200 eps.?

2.  Where are we in the run, and at what point will we hit their 400th acquired episode so we see if we'll be going back to Feb. 1984 again?  :)

[/quote]
 Last Sunday's airing was from June 5, 1985(episode 442, and Al Rogers' first of three days as champion). If they don't skip the next episode due to Evan Marriott hosted Love Connection-a-thon that is scheduled on Saturday, Sunday's airing will be the 6/6/85 episode with Whammybusters in the audience(complete with a contestant getting four Whammies in a row in round two IIRC).
They'll have aired 143 episodes of PYL from the recently-acquired batch of 150 or 200 or however many they got. In another 29 weeks(if no changes in schedule and if they acquired 200 episodes in the acquistion, and of course no more weekend pre-emptions for other marathons), we'll see the 400th episode GSN has acquired.

passwordplus

PYL
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
I know 4 times a day for PYL(like they did in '01 when they got the show) is too many, but that's over 6 months to wait for a missed episode. Maybe they should put it on ONCE A DAY like Monday-Friday to sort of speed the show along.