Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs Feud question  (Read 4060 times)

adamjk

Combs Feud question
« on: February 07, 2004, 09:20:34 PM »
I have a small dilemma on my Combs Feud shows. On one of the shows I have, the airdate of which was 11/19/91, the episode # was 866, it had the Taurmina's as the champs, against the Swaggerty's. The Taurmina's were there for their 4th day, they won and won another $5,000 in FM. The next day's episode, I didn't get on tape.

So the next show I taped 2 days after the one with the Taurmina's I mentioned above, I expected to see either 2 new families, or champs for the 2nd day. But instead, the show had the Medina's coming back for their 4th day as champs, against the Capone's. My question is did GSN skip some episodes in between? If so, how many? This important to my episode numbers. These shows I taped in early October of last year.

Ian Wallis

Combs Feud question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 09:53:26 AM »
My question is did GSN skip some episodes in between? If so, how many? This important to my episode numbers. These shows I taped in early October of last year.

Not sure about skipped episodes, but it's important to remember that just about every series GSN airs has missing episodes here and there.  I don't think they actually have a COMPLETE run of anything.

Examples:
--they're missing one episode from the first week of 1974 "Tattletales"
--they're missing several episodes of CBS color "Password"
--they're missing at least one episode of "Go"
--they're missing the second episode of "Break the Bank"
--etc., etc.

It's possible that episode is just not available anymore.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

JohnXXVII

Combs Feud question
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 10:03:57 PM »
Talk about skipped episodes, GSN routinely skips around 70 episodes of the syndicated Match Game run (1979-1982), a sixth of the entire series.

zachhoran

Combs Feud question
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 07:13:40 PM »
[quote name=\'JohnXXVII\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 10:03 PM\'] Talk about skipped episodes, GSN routinely skips around 70 episodes of the syndicated Match Game run (1979-1982), a sixth of the entire series. [/quote]
IIRC some of the skipped episodes were skipped due to celebs not clearing their appearances; Jimmie Walker was one of the celebs who didn't clear their appearances for MG SYndie(though many of his appearances on the CBS MG and MGPM do air)

There were either three or four episodes of the first seven months of the 1972-73 season of CBS Joker's Wild that were skipped over when GSN ran that in 2000-01.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 07:14:33 PM by zachhoran »

ChuckNet

Combs Feud question
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 12:02:15 PM »
IIRC some of the skipped episodes were skipped due to celebs not clearing their appearances; Jimmie Walker was one of the celebs who didn't clear their appearances for MG SYndie(though many of his appearances on the CBS MG and MGPM do air)

Actually, Walker was unaware that GSN wasn't showing his syndie MG appearances when notified of it by e-mail. Wonder if they'll ever get it straightened out...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")