Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Revised "I have BUZZR!" post  (Read 3039 times)

DjohnsonCB

Revised "I have BUZZR!" post
« on: May 01, 2019, 11:29:21 PM »
My earlier post had the wrong info.  Pluto TV has nothing to do with how I receive BUZZR.  This and many more channels come as part of a feature (app?) called TV Plus, which is included in select recent model Samsung Smart TVs, two of which I own.  If you have one of these, all you need to see BUZZR is an antenna (presumably UHF).
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

aaron sica

Re: Revised "I have BUZZR!" post
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 06:56:06 AM »
My earlier post had the wrong info.  Pluto TV has nothing to do with how I receive BUZZR.  This and many more channels come as part of a feature (app?) called TV Plus, which is included in select recent model Samsung Smart TVs, two of which I own.  If you have one of these, all you need to see BUZZR is an antenna (presumably UHF).

I'm confused...This TV Plus sounds like it's part of the SmartTV, in which it would use an internet connection. What does that have to do with an antenna?

snowpeck

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 10:29:00 AM »
TV Plus is a Samsung owned streaming service that integrates the channel lineup from Pluto TV. So technically it's still from Pluto.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:10:13 AM »

I'm confused...This TV Plus sounds like it's part of the SmartTV, in which it would use an internet connection. What does that have to do with an antenna?

DAMN!  I got it all wrong again!  I tried disconnecting my indoor antenna from my living room TV while BUZZR was on and I still had picture and sound while the OTA channels didn't work.  Therefore, not only do you only need the right kind of Samsung Smart TV to get BUZZR in your home and not an antenna of any kind, but yes, there is a Pluto connection here as one of the other channels in the TV Plus package has a Pluto reference.  Sorry to all, but I just wasn't sure till now how and why I was getting BUZZR on those two sets.  At first I thought there was some LPTV station set up in Omaha as there is in KC, Des Moines and elsewhere where I was able to pick it up on a non-Smart TV I take with me in my travels sometimes.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel