Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr posting Winston-sponsored IGAS episodes  (Read 3606 times)

snowpeck

Buzzr posting Winston-sponsored IGAS episodes
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »
So it seems Buzzr has now taken to posting Winston-sponsored episodes of I've Got a Secret on Facebook. They've posted at least one so far (along with a surgeon general's warning about smoking).

https://www.facebook.com/BUZZRtv/videos/464478004288203/
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: Buzzr posting Winston-sponsored IGAS episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 01:33:50 PM »
I think this period is when the show was at its best, so that's good news!

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 03:34:00 PM »
This is marvelous news.  There are many of these that GSN never got around to airing, even when they didn't have a problem with the smoking content.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JakeT

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 07:09:46 PM »
This is marvelous news.  There are many of these that GSN never got around to airing, even when they didn't have a problem with the smoking content.

If I recall correctly, weren't the Winston episodes relegated to Friday nights as "lost episodes" on GSN and only a precious few actually aired?

JakeT

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »

If I recall correctly, weren't the Winston episodes relegated to Friday nights as "lost episodes" on GSN and only a precious few actually aired?

That's right, though I want to say that there might have been a couple dozen that eventually aired.

The beauty of this Buzzr show (and I hope it's the first of many) is that they're running the episode completely uncut.  Not only do we get the show, we get the forbidden advertising content too!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 11:43:24 PM »
The beauty of this Buzzr show (and I hope it's the first of many) is that they're running the episode completely uncut.  Not only do we get the show, we get the forbidden advertising content too!

"Dark Buzzr, show us the forbidden advertising content."
This signature is currently under construction.

Sodboy13

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 12:38:06 AM »
"Congratulations on your recovery from a heart attack and your incredible journey toward a longer, healthier life. Here is your carton of smokes."
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Eric Paddon

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 07:57:34 PM »
Actually quite a few Winston IGAS shows finally aired spanning 1955 to 1961 during the days of B/W Overnight in the early 2000s back when I used to do the nightly B/W Overnight Guide on the old alt.tv game show group.     The IGAS shows that have still remained largely MIA over the years are the shows from mid-1953 to early 1955 that were sponsored by Cavalier cigarettes.