Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Showcases : That's Entertainment  (Read 3616 times)

JakeT

TPiR Showcases : That's Entertainment
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:09:56 PM »
The things that run through your fever-addled brain...anyone know which version/artist of "That's Entertainment" that was used frequently in the 70s during TPiR "all-star salute" showcases?

JakeT

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: TPiR Showcases : That's Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 12:23:07 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, it's the version that accompanies the end credits of the first "That's Entertainment" film from 1974.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

JakeT

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, it's the version that accompanies the end credits of the first "That's Entertainment" film from 1974.

-Jason

Sounds reasonable...and, of course, I can't find it on either YouTube or via Google...lots of "That's Entertainment III" but nothing from the original...

And, disturbingly, a search of "That's Entertainment end credits" gets you lots of results for "That's So Raven", clearly, the antithesis of entertainment...

JakeT

thomas_meighan

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 08:25:43 PM »
Try this. I can't confirm that it's the original soundtrack recording, but if not, it's *very* close.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=klBiC21SvHQ

JakeT

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:48:44 PM »
Try this. I can't confirm that it's the original soundtrack recording, but if not, it's *very* close.

If it ain't what TPiR used, I sure can't tell the difference because that certainly hit every trigger in my addled old memory!  Thanks!

Know if that's available as an MP3 somewhere?

JakeT

thomas_meighan

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 08:54:02 PM »

JakeT

Alas, I don't know. The arranger/conductor was Henry Mancini, if that helps any.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 09:00:50 PM »
For what it's worth, I synced up the aforementioned end credits to a playing of Walk of Fame, and it was note for note.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

JakeT

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 09:35:10 PM »

JakeT

Alas, I don't know. The arranger/conductor was Henry Mancini, if that helps any.

Thanks for the info!

JakeT

JakeT

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 09:36:28 PM »
For what it's worth, I synced up the aforementioned end credits to a playing of Walk of Fame, and it was note for note.

Yeah, it was pretty easy to imagine Johnny Olson rattling off prize copy to this but thanks for the confirmation!

JakeT

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 10:39:34 AM »

There are many 'youtube to mp3' converters on the World Wide Web that are easy, free and very effective.  I use them all the time, and believe me, if *I* can use them, anyone can.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JakeT

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 07:03:40 PM »

There are many 'youtube to mp3' converters on the World Wide Web that are easy, free and very effective.  I use them all the time, and believe me, if *I* can use them, anyone can.

Believe it or not, upon moving to Memphis 4.5 years ago, I never opened up my laptop...I have mostly lived off my phone since...I realize it is time for me to get myself a PC going again so I can do stuff like this...I definitely used to do it...

JakeT

Ian Wallis

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 07:43:24 PM »

I feel the same way.  I'm not the most tech-savvy guy around, but I've managed to burn several audio CDs of tracks downloaded from youtube.

Now...if I could only figure out how to do the video...I've heard of DVD Styler.  Is that easy to use?  Is that recommended?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Flerbert419

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 12:53:41 AM »
Before we all start comparing methods to download from YouTube, just a friendly reminder that doing so is a violation of the Terms of Service, even for personal use.

I'm not personally going to be sending the internet police to your front door, but your IP address is logged when you post here so anybody who really wanted that information could make your experience unpleasant going forward.

jalman

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 08:27:37 AM »
I'm not personally going to be sending the internet police to your front door, but your IP address is logged when you post here so anybody who really wanted that information could make your experience unpleasant going forward.
Never heard of Google/YT actively pursuing individuals for downloading YT videos. They have forced websites that do rip videos to shut down, but it's Internet whack-a-mole at this point.

chrisholland03

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:06 AM »
A good point, but realistically they've calculated the impact of going after even a handful of Dick and Susie users doing it, and recognized it's not worth the fallout it would generate.  They're pretty tied up going after the content creators and uploaders at the moment. 

Additionally, it would reveal more about how much data Google has access to, and its capability to use it in ways that are generally seen as intrusive.

If they wanted to play a card, going after the software distributors and a handful of software developers would be more likely to influence the desired outcome.