Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: beat the clock canadian edition  (Read 4183 times)

jayjay

beat the clock canadian edition
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:35:26 PM »
My wife and I were participants on Beat the Clock TV game show taped in Montreal, Canada on October 20th 1971. This particular program was later aired either in February or March of the following year.i.e. 1972.

Since these programs were broadcasted before anyone had a VCR, we could not tape the program.

Would it be possible to buy a copy.

Thank you

Here is what we remember from that day.

We do not remember the host's name nor if there was a guest.

When we first came on the stage, the host asked us questions abour ourselves and mentioned that since we have been married, I gained a few pounds. I admitted that and said at least fourty pounds in two years. The host the said that my wife must be a good cook. I said no, my mother in law. (From that moment, my mother in law loved me even more).

Our first stunt was for me to kick a roller skate on a small ramp and make it land in a bucket. We tried for a minute and failed miserably. The other couple failed their stunt also.

At commercial break, the director came over and told us to relax.

Second stunt. We had a ballon placed between my wife and I and without using our hands roll the ballon to the ground and burst it. We did that in record time and was asked to do it again. With each ballon burst, we got ten dollars. We burst ten ballons. Then we went to the board and my wife picked the K in clock. ( my wife had it in her mind from the time we left home that that was the letter she would pick. We got the jackpot i.e. &200.00).

We do not remember our last stunt. But we left the program with approx. $500. and a new BBQ.

The clothes we wore on that program made us look like two grapes: I was in purple and my wife wore green.

Jean

We sure would like to have a copy of that program.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 01:02:58 PM by dzinkin »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:43:23 PM »
Fremantle Media is the copyright holder as successor to Goodson-Todman.  You should contact them to see if they would allow you to purchase a copy.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 10:59:29 AM »
[quote name=\'jayjay\' post=\'126159\' date=\'Aug 3 2006, 11:35 AM\']
My wife and I were participants on Beat the Clock TV game show taped in Montreal, Canada on October 20th 1971. This particular program was later aired either in February or March of the following year.i.e. 1972.

Jean

We sure would like to have a copy of that program.
[/quote]

That sounds like that was the Gene Wood-hosted era of BtC.  

While you may not get anywhere by contacting Fremantle for a copy of that episode, there is a slim chance that your episode is floating around the trading circuit, as many of the BtC shows from that era were aired on Game Show Network in the late 90's.

Best bet is to visit some game show tape trading sites, look at their Beat the Clock episodes and for those episodes that come close to the dates you mentioned, ask the trader for more info on those eps.

It's a slim chance, but hopefully it may be found in the vaults of one of our traders!

rugrats1

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 08:14:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'126442\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 10:59 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It coul've also been a Jack Narz episode, depending on when exactly in 1972 the host switch was made -- since it aired in February / March 1972 (in the contestants' area, I take it), I think Narz was still hosting.

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'126491\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 07:14 PM\']
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'126442\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 10:59 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It coul've also been a Jack Narz episode, depending on when exactly in 1972 the host switch was made -- since it aired in February / March 1972 (in the contestants' area, I take it), I think Narz was still hosting.
[/quote]

Wood took over for the fall of 1972, along with the set, syndicator, format and logo changes (and the revised title, since 20th was still selling the Narz shows to those markets that hadn't carried them--WGN ran the 1971-72 season in 1972-73 because they didn't buy that season initially).