Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN and Match Game?  (Read 6533 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN and Match Game?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2004, 03:59:15 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 12:58 PM\'] I fully agree....As someone who picks up "High Score!" and "The Complete History of Video Games" every time he goes into Borders, [/quote]
 Do you mean "The Ultimate History Of Video Games?" The 600-page tome? I received that for Xmas, and I'm reading that now, and I can't recommend it highly enough, it's about as complete and accurate as one could ask for so far....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

GSN and Match Game?
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2004, 04:16:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 03:59 PM\'] Do you mean "The Ultimate History Of Video Games?" The 600-page tome? I received that for Xmas, and I'm reading that now, and I can't recommend it highly enough, it's about as complete and accurate as one could ask for so far.... [/quote]
 After checking on Amazon, yes, my mistake - "The Ultimate History of Video Games". I honestly don't know why I just don't bite the bullet and buy the book, as it is an excellent one..."High Score" has out a 2nd edition as well, but that's mainly pictures, IIRC..

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN and Match Game?
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2004, 04:18:21 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 02:16 PM\'] one..."High Score" has out a 2nd edition as well, but that's mainly pictures, IIRC.. [/quote]
I should look into that. Not a thing wrong with a mostly-picture book, especially when it's mostly pictures of old, great video games! :)

EDIT: Oh, wait, I have this! (The first edition, anyhow). Yes, a lot of pictures, but they are excellent ones, and there is a lot of great information in there as well!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 04:19:34 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

GSN and Match Game?
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2004, 09:28:53 PM »
And you should also check out "Phoenix: The Rise and Fall of Video Games" by Leonard Herman, which I believe I also brought w/me to GSC11 last summer...large chunks of it were used as part of the bonus materials to Atari Anniv. Edition Redux for PS1.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Winkfan

GSN and Match Game?
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2004, 12:04:26 AM »
In a new gsn commercial, GSN has put a pacman overlay on Match Game to advertise their video games documentary.
I'm not buying that conclusion.  Another promo had Asteroids supered over a clip of Lingo, a show that's not going anywhere (that I know of).
Wonder how a promo with a What's My Line clip would look? Imagine a video game superimposed during Dorothy Kilgallen's questioning!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Deanna Lund of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:08:36 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)