Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC summer schedule  (Read 3196 times)

weaklink75

ABC summer schedule
« on: April 10, 2019, 01:14:33 PM »
https://tvline.com/2019/04/10/bachelorette-premiere-date-hannah-b-season-15-abc/

the relavent bits:

SUNDAY, JUNE 9
8: pm Celebrity Family Feud
9 pm The $100,000 Pyramid
10 pm To Tell the Truth

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12
8 pm PRESS YOUR LUCK
9 pm CARD SHARKS
10 PM Match Game

THURSDAY, JUNE 20
8 pm HOLEY MOLEY
9 pm FAMILY FOOD FIGHT

This to me seems like they're taking aim at Big Brother, which usually has a Su/We/Th schedule, and the debut dates give them a 2 to 3 week jump on the BB premiere most likely- I'm hoping it's not overkill, but it's a decent summer strategy; cheaper shows that usually do better than reruns.

That Don Guy

Re: ABC summer schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:04:45 PM »
This to me seems like they're taking aim at Big Brother, which usually has a Su/We/Th schedule, and the debut dates give them a 2 to 3 week jump on the BB premiere most likely- I'm hoping it's not overkill, but it's a decent summer strategy; cheaper shows that usually do better than reruns.
I take it more as:
Monday is "traditionally" The Bachelor(ette) on ABC (and skipping Monday avoids both American Ninja Warrior and So You Think You Can Dance?)
Skipping Tuesday avoids the performance shows of America's Got Talent

What shows still show reruns during the summer, besides Fox's Sunday animation block?

JakeT

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:17:41 PM »

What shows still show reruns during the summer, besides Fox's Sunday animation block?

Uhhhhhhh...nearly all of them?

JakeT

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 10:41:30 AM »
So the Gong Show didn't make it. Poor Tommy Maitland has to look for work now. :)

That Don Guy

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 03:48:40 PM »

Uhhhhhhh...nearly all of them?

JakeT
So tell me, when do ABC's current Wednesday night shows (The Goldbergs, Schooled, Modern Family, Single Parents) air their summer repeats? It can't be on Wednesdays, since PYL, Card Sharks, and MG will be on.

Okay, a lot of CBS shows do air summer repeats, but the other three networks like to air original programming in the summer, especially as most people have cable systems where the other shows' episodes are available on demand.

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »
So the Gong Show didn't make it. Poor Tommy Maitland has to look for work now. :)
They probably didn't have the budget to increase the prize to $2000.19.   :P

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 07:21:32 AM »

I only saw it once, with one of the contestants drawing blood from doing something crazy.  That, to me, is not the definition of jolly good fun.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Sodboy13

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 11:38:48 PM »

I only saw it once, with one of the contestants drawing blood from doing something crazy.  That, to me, is not the definition of jolly good fun.
This is some exceptional bait to lay during both the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Game of Thrones season.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation