Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Art Sanders is pretty Good  (Read 2981 times)

Skynet74

Art Sanders is pretty Good
« on: February 06, 2004, 11:58:52 AM »
Just heard this guy for the first time on todays show. He's pretty good!

John

Mario500

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 12:17:42 PM »
His voice reminds me of John Harvey (former announcer of Double Dare). I can't really see (or hear, no thanks to Fremantle's policy) him as Price's new announcer. Room for improvement on Monday's show.

DYosua

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 12:29:11 PM »
So far, he seemingly has studied some of Randy's inflections (i.e. "A new pool table" and here is the star of TPiR" sounded similar).  His tempo was quite variable at times - speeding up and slowing down sometimes within the same sentence.  He's not bad, but his voice is a little too dark or low for me.  Miles ahead of Daniel Rosen, though!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:29:39 PM by DYosua »

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 01:02:02 PM »
[quote name=\'DYosua\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 12:29 PM\'] He's not bad, but his voice is a little too dark or low for me.  Miles ahead of Daniel Rosen, though! [/quote]
 For his first time out, he did okay. Even Randy had some trouble on his first shot. As far as being better than Daniel, I'd welcome Rich Jeffries back before I'd want him back. But, according to the sked, they're going against my wishes. Hopefully, he'll can the "Daaaaaaannnnnnniel" crap during his next turn.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 06:36:55 PM »
He's pretty good, I say.

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 07:23:18 PM »
Note that this guy is reportedly in his late 70s, in the same age range as Charlie O, Johnny G, and Gene Wood.

davemackey

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 01:19:24 AM »
I got a very pleasant old school vibe from him.

SplitSecond

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 02:21:45 AM »
He still sounds somewhat detached, like he's pre-taped or something, but he at least has a pulse - something Daniel Rosen only feigns when saying his own name.

I'll be interested to see how he does Monday (his second show on his first tape day) and Tuesday (his first show after a good night's sleep).  Hopefully something will click that makes him connect with the audience like Randy and Burton do.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 06:05:29 AM »
I was a little irked by some of his inflections early on--the biggest being the way he completely failed to punch up saying "The Price Is Right" the two times it's said right before Bob walks out--but as the show went on, he became noticeably better, especially during the longer copy reads.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 11:14:29 AM »
He's pretty good. Needs some improvement, but still miles above Rosen.