Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy Contestant - a bad winner?  (Read 5971 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Jeopardy Contestant - a bad winner?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »
I finally checked out the site. If there were ever two things that should’ve stopped being a thing in the early-2000s it’s 1) amateurish-looking fan pages and 2) calling anyone with a criticism a “hater”.

Thanks to the webmaster who’s apparently the one person keeping GeoCities around in 2019.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 06:01:10 PM »
After watching poker off and on for 15 years I cannot possibly believe that a professional gambler would ever develop an inflated sense of self-importance. I would be shocked, shocked to find  he has an ego.

Thanks to the webmaster who’s apparently the one person keeping GeoCities around in 2019.
While doing trivia research, I discovered that GeoCities was still a thing in Japan until just this month.
This signature is currently under construction.

JakeT

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »
He might be a bad winner but he can afford it now.

Which, of course, is what is really important, right?

Welcome to The United States of America...where you're welcome to be a dick as long as you have enough money...

JakeT

gromit82

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 09:28:16 PM »
I don't understand why the page was created, but it specifically says that it wasn't created by James:

"King James Holzhauer is an unofficial fan site dedicated to James Holzhauer. Our purpose is to promote interest in James Holzhauer and his Jeopardy! appearance(s). We are in no way officially affiliated with James Holzhauer, his friends, or his family. This is a site made by a fan for the fans."

Probably the biggest problem in our country today is the troubling level of gullibility...

I said that the site SAYS that it wasn't created by James. You don't have to believe that, but it does in fact say that.

JakeT

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 10:14:49 PM »
I don't understand why the page was created, but it specifically says that it wasn't created by James:

"King James Holzhauer is an unofficial fan site dedicated to James Holzhauer. Our purpose is to promote interest in James Holzhauer and his Jeopardy! appearance(s). We are in no way officially affiliated with James Holzhauer, his friends, or his family. This is a site made by a fan for the fans."

Probably the biggest problem in our country today is the troubling level of gullibility...

I said that the site SAYS that it wasn't created by James. You don't have to believe that, but it does in fact say that.

Guess what?  I can read...I saw what it said...

But guess what else?  I have the ability to use logic...and reason...and when I know something is almost certainly false, I don't repeat it as alleged fact just because someone SAYS so...

JakeT

trainman

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 01:16:07 AM »
James has set up his own fan page on Facebook, on which he posted...

trainman is a man of trains

Mr. Matté

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 08:12:20 AM »
If the "fan" page is truly not maintained by the person (I don't know if he is or isn't, don't really care either way), could he send a cease to exist and desist order to the webpage owner for using his likeness without permission or is he now considered a public personality due to his appearances on Jeopardy?

nowhammies10

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 12:59:11 PM »
... could he send a cease to exist and desist order...

I LOL'd.

In all truth, if he can't I expect Jeopardy! themselves probably could.

JakeT

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 10:28:23 PM »
James has set up his own fan page on Facebook, on which he posted...

If this doesn't reek of a desperate "cover your ass" move, I don't know what does...

JakeT