Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most GS hosts in a scripted series episode  (Read 1603 times)

Mike Tennant

Most GS hosts in a scripted series episode
« on: April 05, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
Recently watching an episode of Bewitched ("The Mother-in-Law of the Year") in which both Jim Lange and Robert Q. Lewis appeared got me to thinking: What is the largest number of GS hosts who have appeared in a single episode of a scripted TV series?

I know of one episode of Batman ("Dizzoner the Penguin") that featured Allen Ludden, Jack Bailey, and Dennis James.

Can anyone think of an episode of any series that included more than three emcees?

Matt Ottinger

Re: Most GS hosts in a scripted series episode
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »
There is a Fantasy Island episode with a game show element in one of its stories.  The prominent guest stars are Gene Rayburn and Jan Murray.  However, Dick Gautier and Jim MacKrell are also in the episode.  So that's four.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 03:22:42 PM »
I may need to get a ruling on this...

The "Drew Live II" episode of The Drew Carey Show featured Drew, Craig Ferguson and guest star Colin Mochrie in the scripted storyline, which was interrupted several times with improv segments featuring Wayne Brady, Brad Sherwood, and Greg Proops.
@lambertman

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 03:46:01 PM »
I may need to get a ruling on this...

The "Drew Live II" episode of The Drew Carey Show featured Drew, Craig Ferguson and guest star Colin Mochrie in the scripted storyline, which was interrupted several times with improv segments featuring Wayne Brady, Brad Sherwood, and Greg Proops.

I like it!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 08:21:05 PM »
The "Coast to Coast Big Mouth" episode of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" with DVD, Carl Reiner and Dick Curtis.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 09:02:28 PM »
Chris wins, I think.

The Mama's Family episode with the family going on Family Feud features four host(ess)es: Vicki, Betty White, Richard Dawson, and the voice of Gene Wood. There's also the Jeopardy! episode with Vicki, Alex, and the voice of Johnny Gilbert.

The Golden Girls had a Jeopardy! episode with Betty, Alex, Johnny, and a cameo by Merv Griffin.

The Steve Harvey Show from the late-90s starred Steve and Cedric The Entertainer. Snoop Dogg appeared in one episode, and this may need a judge's ruling, but Jerry Springer guest-starred in another; he hosted Baggage and a UK version of Greed.

*nibbles bottom lip hopefully*
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!