Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What was your schedule for daytime shows?  (Read 3838 times)

danderson

What was your schedule for daytime shows?
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:24:01 PM »
Mine was pretty easy, the NBC ones when i was little, but my mom wanted to watch her soaps from ABC.

Jimmy Owen

Re: What was your schedule for daytime shows?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 11:09:21 AM »
Spring 1975, when you could watch network  game shows non-stop from 10am to 4:30pm.  I was lucky in that Jackpot! got delayed to 1pm.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 12:15:07 PM »
Being a child of the 90s, it was even easier for me: 11:00, CBS. :)

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
CBS and NBC mornings c. 1988-90. It wasn’t much, but I still enjoyed it. Would love to see those days return.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 01:03:50 PM »
If there was something I liked I would watch it--this explains why I totally missed out on Blockbusters '87, All-Star Blitz and Time Machine. Usually the choices were easy, but NBC and CBS did seem to do battle from '86 to '89.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 06:04:09 PM »
Spring 1975, when you could watch network  game shows non-stop from 10am to 4:30pm.  I was lucky in that Jackpot! got delayed to 1pm.

I remember this period very well. ABC had Blankety Blanks, Password, Let's Make a Deal, The $10,000 Pyramid, The Big Showdown and Money Maze. The first two and latter two shows would be gone by the Summer of '75.

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 07:38:54 AM »
This is such a broad question as it depends on the time period.....I can tell you that in summer 1988, it was CBS from 10am-noon with the then-new Family Feud, then Card Sharks, and Price is Right.

chrisholland03

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »
The beginning of the summer '84 was pretty great

Morning:
Body Language
$25k Pyramid
Press Your Luck
Price (flip after the Showcase reveal to see the Dream House climax)
Hot Potato (replaced by Family Feud)

Afternoon:
MG/HS Hour (replaced by Bullseye and TTD on CBN)
Tape delayed $ale on secondary NBC affliate
Tape delayed Wheel on secondary NBC affiliate

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »

I remember this period very well. ABC had Blankety Blanks, Password, Let's Make a Deal, The $10,000 Pyramid, The Big Showdown and Money Maze. The first two and latter two shows would be gone by the Summer of '75.

I forgot to include Split Second, which would also be gone by the Summer of '75.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 11:36:19 PM »
In 1990, I distinctly remember doing the following in the mornings:

9:30 - Classic Concentration (we would have to watch until the credits were done since my brother wanted to see all of the cars)
10:00 - Price is Right
11:00 - Either Trump Card or Match Game (Shafer)

Match Game only happened if my dad was still at work; otherwise, he would insist on watching Geraldo.  Then, after lunch, the switch over to USA.  ;)

/I know Wheel and Feud were also both on CBS at the time, but I can't remember when they aired on WBBM.  I just know I didn't watch those regularly.
//My mom would also record TJW and TTD on WMAQ...at 1:00 and 1:30 AM.

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

danderson

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
The beginning of the summer '84 was pretty great

Morning:
Body Language
$25k Pyramid
Press Your Luck
Price (flip after the Showcase reveal to see the Dream House climax)
Hot Potato (replaced by Family Feud)

Afternoon:
MG/HS Hour (replaced by Bullseye and TTD on CBN)
Tape delayed $ale on secondary NBC affliate
Tape delayed Wheel on secondary NBC affiliate

For me-

$25k Pyramid
$ale
Daytime Wheel
Scrabble
Then i'd snore thorough my mom's soaps(all ABC) zzzzz......too bad i wasn't alive in the 60s, otherwise i'd snore through Another World, which my grandmom liked....

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 12:52:32 AM »
Then i'd snore thorough my mom's soaps(all ABC) zzzzz......too bad i wasn't alive in the 60s, otherwise i'd snore through Another World, which my grandmom liked....

Okay, I know damn well I'm going to regret asking this...but how the hell does it matter which set of soap operas you actively weren't watching?

That Don Guy

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 08:03:35 PM »
Living out west, there was a time in the early 1970s when ABC didn't schedule anything in the Pacific time zone before noon (except for repeats of The Brady Bunch at 11:30) - IIRC, it was Password at noon, Split Second at 12:30, Let's Make a Deal at 1:30, The Newlywed Game at 2:00, and The Dating Game at 2:30 - which made things easier for me to split my mornings between CBS and NBC. I think the only time I switched back and forth between the two was when both Baffle and $10,000 Pyramid were on at 9:30 AM.

trainman

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 11:13:17 PM »
I remember visiting relatives in Colorado in the '80s at a point when the Denver CBS affiliate was running its daytime schedule on the Eastern feed (i.e., game shows beginning at 8:00) and the NBC affiliate was running on the Pacific feed (game shows beginning at 10:00). Or maybe it was the other way around. Either way, it was neat.
trainman is a man of trains

JakeT

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »
I remember visiting relatives in Colorado in the '80s at a point when the Denver CBS affiliate was running its daytime schedule on the Eastern feed (i.e., game shows beginning at 8:00) and the NBC affiliate was running on the Pacific feed (game shows beginning at 10:00). Or maybe it was the other way around. Either way, it was neat.

I remember being fascinated by this programming strategy while vacationing in Colorado during the fall of 1977...reading the TV Guide and seeing such different scheduling gave me goosebumps...

JakeT