The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

CMT entering game show arena with "Nashville Squares"

<< < (2/3) > >>

JakeT:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 11, 2019, 12:52:06 PM ---I’ll never complain about more game shows, but I forgot just how much Viacom likes ripping off its own formats to fit whatever network demographic. They did the same with TRL in the early-2000s. I guess it makes sense economically.

--- End quote ---

How is it "ripping off"?  Isn't it more like better utilizing what it has?  You can't rip yourself off...

JakeT

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: JakeT on March 11, 2019, 07:21:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 11, 2019, 12:52:06 PM ---I’ll never complain about more game shows, but I forgot just how much Viacom likes ripping off its own formats to fit whatever network demographic. They did the same with TRL in the early-2000s. I guess it makes sense economically.

--- End quote ---

How is it "ripping off"?  Isn't it more like better utilizing what it has?  You can't rip yourself off...

--- End quote ---
Fine. I forgot just how much Viacom likes to use the same template to fit whatever network demographic. Happy?

Mike Tennant:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on March 11, 2019, 07:15:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 11, 2019, 06:17:05 PM ---I imagine they'll build a new set. I don't think the nightclub vibe of the Hip Hop Squares set fits here.

--- End quote ---

Stick enough haybales on and around it and it will. :D

--- End quote ---
Maybe they could reuse the set from 2014's West Virginia Squares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4MQ1_wAiok

JakeT:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 11, 2019, 07:57:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: JakeT on March 11, 2019, 07:21:03 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Fine. I forgot just how much Viacom likes to use the same template to fit whatever network demographic. Happy?

--- End quote ---

Well, that is significantly different phrasing...is it time for an episode of "Words Have Meaning"?

JakeT

rebelwrest:

--- Quote from: Mike Tennant on March 11, 2019, 07:58:15 PM ---
Maybe they could reuse the set from 2014's West Virginia Squares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4MQ1_wAiok

--- End quote ---

Please do not besmirch the good legacy of Peter Marshall by bringing up that turd in the punch bowl.  I should know, I was there and among the nearly 90% of the audience that left the theater between the first and second sessions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version