The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

CMT entering game show arena with "Nashville Squares"

(1/3) > >>

colonial:
The CMT cable channel announced Monday that it is launching "Nashville Squares" ... a country-fried version of HS that's scheduled to air 10 episodes later this year.

https://www.thewrap.com/cmt-nashville-squares-hollywood-squares-hip-hop/

JD

BrandonFG:
I’ll never complain about more game shows, but I forgot just how much Viacom likes ripping off its own formats to fit whatever network demographic. They did the same with TRL in the early-2000s. I guess it makes sense economically.

Stackertosh:
I wish they would just bring back Hollywood squares back instead of making so many versions of the show. I wonder if they are going to use the Hip Hop squares set? and change it to make it look country.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Stackertosh on March 11, 2019, 06:05:51 PM ---I wish they would just bring back Hollywood squares back instead of making so many versions of the show. I wonder if they are going to use the Hip Hop squares set? and change it to make it look country.

--- End quote ---
I imagine they'll build a new set. I don't think the nightclub vibe of the Hip Hop Squares set fits here.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 11, 2019, 06:17:05 PM ---I imagine they'll build a new set. I don't think the nightclub vibe of the Hip Hop Squares set fits here.

--- End quote ---

Stick enough haybales on and around it and it will. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version