Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestants you rooted against?  (Read 6349 times)

SamJ93

Contestants you rooted against?
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:09:24 PM »
Of course, some more recent game shows seemed to take pleasure in having contestants people love to hate to stir up drama. But on the classic shows, the contestant coordinators were usually pretty good about casting pleasant people who didn't rock the boat too much. Nonetheless, was there ever a time when a contestant just rubbed you the wrong way and you just couldn't wait for them to lose?
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

JakeT

Re: Contestants you rooted against?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 11:43:40 PM »
Damn near every episode of "Deal Or No Deal"...

"You came for the million...you DESERVE it, baby!"

**thwap thwap**

JakeT

Otm Shank

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:09:51 AM »
It's from one of the pilots (which doesn't seem to make a great sales pitch), but this is the first that came to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSYSx7SfvNI

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 01:19:54 AM »
There was an absolute toolbag named Joseph on TPiR about ten years ago.  I was hoping Drew would sock him.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Bryce L.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 02:00:08 AM »
Maybe not from seeing the episodes themselves, but after watching "Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal", that sort of made me glad that Janie Litras lost to Michael Larson, given how entitled she acts in the interviews ("I was supposed to win!") in the documentary.

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 09:50:31 AM »
I never liked Karla Greci from the first episode of Play the Percentages.  She's like a nasal 'Tina' from Bob's Burger.

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »
The first that comes to mind was the contestant named Alan on Trebek's Double Dare -- the one who was the shows' first contestant to retire at the $20K rule.

chrisholland03

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »
Alan Lusher toilet flusher?

He was less smarmy when he was on Jeopardy.  But still quirky.

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »
If memory serves, Alan Lusher lost on J! because he didn't phrase the FJ question in the form of a question.

Name That Tune with Lange had its share of annoying contestants. For me, it was Hap Miller, who competed against Tammy Warner. I had posted on here a while ago that Tammy should've won that tournament, because Hap never uttered the title "Every Breath You Take", just any variation thereof, but for some reason they gave it to him! If they hadn't, Tammy would've won.

Even worse, he was a sore winner, having confetti already planted in his shirt pocket, ready to throw upon victory... and he did.... until Jim told him there was still one second left on the clock!

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
During Drew's first couple of years as TPIR host, there was that jerk that kept bidding 420, on one prize he bid $2 million. As expected he never got out of Contestants Row, or Bidders Row as they now call it.

Then there were the idiots, including some celebs on Celebrity Name Game. Let me not get started.

Fedya

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 05:08:01 PM »
Katie Knudsen on Millionaire.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Allstar87

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 05:14:32 PM »
Name That Tune with Lange had its share of annoying contestants. For me, it was Hap Miller, who competed against Tammy Warner.

His name was Les Gould. Although there was a guy named Hap in a different NTT tournament, who was far less annoying than Les.

In the finals, Les ended up losing the first three rounds, but won the Golden Medley Showdown and ensuing tiebreaker, winning him the $100,000. I'm sure I wasn't the only one miffed to see him win, especially in that manner.

jw2001

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 03:15:43 PM »
For me it's most contestants on Press Your Luck!

whewfan

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 06:16:38 PM »
Name That Tune with Lange had its share of annoying contestants. For me, it was Hap Miller, who competed against Tammy Warner.

His name was Les Gould. Although there was a guy named Hap in a different NTT tournament, who was far less annoying than Les.

In the finals, Les ended up losing the first three rounds, but won the Golden Medley Showdown and ensuing tiebreaker, winning him the $100,000. I'm sure I wasn't the only one miffed to see him win, especially in that manner.

Oops... that's what I get for not double checking. I think not only did he "win" against Tammy Warner, I think he was invited back for a second tournament and won that too! Again I am going on hazy memory, but as I recall, he wasn't as outrageous with the second win, but still kind of annoying.

Otm Shank

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »

Oh, I amend my response. I sort of merged the two together. Les has to be the absolute worst. IIRC, no one came up on stage when he won the finals, so Sandy Frank stood there as his friend.