The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Alex Trebek diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer

<< < (2/4) > >>

40onTheBlue:
What a sad coincidence it is that pancreatic cancer also took Art Fleming from us.

TimK2003:
If anybody is gonna fight this it will be Alex...Best Wishes and prayers to The Wizard of Odds.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: johnnya2k3 on March 06, 2019, 07:46:26 PM ---Alex Trebek has been Jeopardy -- at least, the current incarnation -- from day one, and of course, hosted many other shows besides that for 50 years; but despite the low survival rate (and remember, he had brain surgery last year and he's pushing 80)...yes, as parliboy mentioned, the next episodes he's taping may be his last, and a plan may be in place in case Alex joins Art Fleming up above.

But then again, in the words of Fran Drescher...Cancer Schmancer!

--- End quote ---

Is it even REMOTELY possible for you not to add to a thread and show off your knowledge, ESPECIALLY this thread?? Sometimes it's best to just read and not contribute if you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation. And quoting Fran Drescher? Completely inappropriate.

Sorry guys.........in the effort to try to actually add something of value to this thread........Despite it being stage 4, I'm hoping the best of the best (including experimental ways) of the doctors out there will be able to help him.

trevorroe:
I'm a long time lurker but never a poster, but wanted to add my thoughts on this news.  Stage IV pancreatic cancer hit my family hard when my father-in-law was diagnosed this past October.  He's 66 years old and immediately started chemo.  Still, the doctor was realistic with us up front--1 year is the average lifespan from diagnosis for someone with Stage IV.  Now, we just try to enjoy all of our time with him and do the things he wants because we don't know how long we'll have with him both in good enough health to do things and before he ultimately passes. 

PC is an aggressive, incurable cancer.  But, miracles do happen and some people live years beyond diagnosis.  I'll add Alex to my prayers. 

chrisholland03:

--- Quote from: johnnya2k3 on March 06, 2019, 07:46:26 PM ---Alex Trebek has been Jeopardy -- at least, the current incarnation -- from day one, and of course, hosted many other shows besides that for 50 years; but despite the low survival rate (and remember, he had brain surgery last year and he's pushing 80)...yes, as parliboy mentioned, the next episodes he's taping may be his last, and a plan may be in place in case Alex joins Art Fleming up above.

But then again, in the words of Fran Drescher...Cancer Schmancer!

--- End quote ---

This post was in bad taste, in my opinion.  Whether that was the intent is up to the poster to communicate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version