Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yahtzee app's "The Dice Is Right"  (Read 2310 times)

Mike Tennant

Yahtzee app's "The Dice Is Right"
« on: March 01, 2019, 04:36:51 PM »
Those of you who play the official Yahtzee app will notice a new (Showcase?) Showdown called "The Dice Is Right." Like most of these Showdowns, it features celebrity caricatures with Yahtzee-themed puns on their names (for instance, a gray-haired m.c. called Bob Barkfour). I wouldn't bother mentioning something so relatively routine except that someone involved in creating this knows a little more about game shows than your average TV viewer. The character named Threene Eighburn, for instance, is wearing a three-piece suit and holding a long, skinny microphone. And most remarkably, the first character a player faces is named Twosan Staffour. (Sadly, there is no Bill Cullone.)

Here's an album of screenshots for those interested:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/147231626@N02/sets/72157705680729711/with/47198522552/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 12:02:47 PM by Mike Tennant »

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: Yahtzee app's "The Dice Is Right"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 10:33:29 PM »
And most remarkably, the first character a player faces is named Twosan Staffour.
Okay, mad props to whoever came up with the opponents for this mode - that's easily the most obscure reference among that (current) set of eight.

I told my brother about this, and he suggested Chuck Rollathree.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Mike Tennant

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 12:09:19 PM »
Interesting: "Pat Eightjack" has been renamed (but not redrawn) to "Mark Oners." Suppose Sajak's lawyers put in a call to Hasbro? You'd think this would fall under fair use as a parody, but they probably didn't want to waste money fighting it.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 04:02:10 PM »
I dunno, Pat doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd go after a parody like that. If anything, he'd probably post a picture of it on his Twitter and joke that either A) it's an accurate representation of how he looks in real life or B) it's much better-looking than he is.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »
I dunno, Pat doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd go after a parody like that. If anything, he'd probably post a picture of it on his Twitter and joke that either A) it's an accurate representation of how he looks in real life or B) it's much better-looking than he is.

At one time, Sajak was lending his name and likeness to casual games. ("Pat Sajak's Lucky Letters" was the first one that came to mind.) It's possible that someone else owns his rights right now and would be obligated to defend them.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe