Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cullen TPIR on Buzzr?  (Read 35441 times)

aaron sica

Re: Cullen TPIR on Buzzr?
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »
For some reason, I thought that came a couple years later. Maybe I’m thinking of when they started displaying the solution during Gene’s intro?

Are you thinking of the contestant showing the solution instead of Alex? I know that was a couple more years down the road...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2019, 03:47:27 PM »
In unrelated news to this, CC continues to at least the week before Xmas 1987 (151 on 3/15, OAD supposedly 12/18/87).  TATTLETALES goes back in time from 252 to 202 on 3/12.

We'll get into 1988 on 3/22.

And only get as far as 1/6/88 on 3/25.  3/26 we go back to ep 1.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »
For some reason, I thought that came a couple years later. Maybe I’m thinking of when they started displaying the solution during Gene’s intro?

Are you thinking of the contestant showing the solution instead of Alex? I know that was a couple more years down the road...
No, no. At some point, during the intro, Gene would explain the puzzle, and they would superimpose the solution there too, then wipe to the cars.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2019, 05:00:59 PM »
According to a promo that started airing today, the Card Sharks celebrity tournament from 1980 starts airing on April 1st.

"He changed a queen and he won?!?!?"
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chargeradiocom

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »
This was an enjoyable little marathon. Quite a few things I hadn’t seen in a long time if ever. (I’m not sure I’d ever seen anything from the To Tell the Truth ‘80 run.)

Glad they kept the WML color panel intros for these episodes. While I’m not a huge stickler about minor edits here & there, the panel intros are really not something that should be edited out. Hopefully they’ll keep the intros in new-to-network WML eps going forward.

And about TPIR, I had a somewhat amusing thought, wondering how many casual game show fans stumbled across it in their channel guides or Pluto/STIRR/etc. app, turned it on expecting Barker era, and were lost as to what was going on.

Sodboy13

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2019, 03:18:32 PM »
I've only seen a few episodes of Primetime Cullen TPIR, but what I have seen has always been just wonderfully bonkers. I also enjoyed that this episode gave a little hint of what the show would eventually become, with the winning bidder playing a game for more prizes, instead of just being given an automatic bonus.

I also find myself liking Feud '94 more than 16-year-old me did when it came out.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

JMFabiano

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2019, 03:51:48 PM »
This was an enjoyable little marathon. Quite a few things I hadn’t seen in a long time if ever. (I’m not sure I’d ever seen anything from the To Tell the Truth ‘80 run.)

Used to seeing it back in the day on GSN...think it was a weekend only airing by the time I got the network.  What I DIDN'T expect was to see the old Viacom ident at the end (yes, here we go with closing logos again...)  But really, GSN took care to eliminate that from its prints as well as other syndicators' logos, so that came out of nowhere. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »
Is Buzzr rerunning any of these, or is anyone putting them on Youtube?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2019, 06:42:37 PM »
They're rerunning a good chunk of them today, I think.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2019, 05:38:37 AM »
One question that I hope someone can shed some light on is the closing music that Price used in this era (between approx. 1959 and 1961.) It's certainly stock music... but I wonder if someone possibly knows what it might be? I have video pasted below, cued up to the closing.

https://youtu.be/2doj6jJhnX0?t=1503
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:13:12 AM by NicholasM79 »

JakeT

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2019, 07:03:25 PM »
One question that I hope someone can shed some light on is the closing music that Price used in this era (between approx. 1959 and 1961.) It's certainly stock music... but I wonder if someone possibly knows what it might be? I have video pasted below, cued up to the closing.

https://youtu.be/2doj6jJhnX0?t=1503

I've often wondered about that music as well...hope some answers will come...it is a bright and bouncy tune!

JakeT

Bryce L.

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »
Apologies for the bump, but per Buzzr's Instagram, starting in October, we'll be getting Cullen TPIR every Sunday at 4:00pm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1_hSXHn-d_/

BillCullen1

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2019, 12:12:05 AM »
So we finally get to hear the dulcet tones of Don Pardo on Buzzr, on a regular basis.

That Don Guy

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2019, 07:44:45 PM »
One of the things I remembered about the Cullen episodes when GSN aired them was, when they announced the home showcase winners, they left the names and addresses in. They have aired three home showcase results episodes so far (at least, that's how many my DVR picked up), and now, the names and addresses are censored, and whited out on the screen (although they did let one name slip through, and either they forgot to remove the last names when the host congratulated them, or decided it wasn't necessary).

What still surprises me is, multiple people - wasn't it over 60 for one of them - got the price of the complete set on the nose, to the penny, but they did not get their prices by knowing the prices of all of the individual items separately.

BillCullen1

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2019, 08:56:09 PM »
The one show (the third one) I saw on 10/13 had Merv Griffin hosting for vacationing Uncle Bill. Contestants were bidding $1 higher than a previous bid even back then.