Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.  (Read 19582 times)

isucgv

Re: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2019, 03:47:03 PM »
I saw that happen several weeks ago also.   Alex told one of the players to hurry between number choices and the buzzer sounded and he told her she took too long and needed to be quicker in her selections. 

calliaume

« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2019, 06:52:34 PM »
I saw that happen several weeks ago also.   Alex told one of the players to hurry between number choices and the buzzer sounded and he told her she took too long and needed to be quicker in her selections.
Was there ever a mention of an offscreen timer so contestants would know how long they could take?  This seems very random to me.

MSTieScott

« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »
Was there ever a mention of an offscreen timer so contestants would know how long they could take?

I don't know what the official rule was, but there have been a few instances in this Buzzr run where you can hear an offstage voice say "hurry," then the contestant finally chooses their second number. So they do get a warning.

JasonA1

« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »
And I think, like on Scrabble as the years went on, the unspoken "timer" got a little lax as contestants improved at naturally making a decision in a few seconds.

-Jason
JA1 Presents - movie reviews, TV reviews, top 5 lists and more
--or-- you can go the Twitter route

tvmitch

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2019, 07:21:40 AM »
I don't know what the official rule was, but there have been a few instances in this Buzzr run where you can hear an offstage voice say "hurry," then the contestant finally chooses their second number. So they do get a warning.
Speaking of this offstage voice, has anyone else noticed that there is often an audible yelp right before a Wild card is revealed? I am thinking that was a low-tech cue to ring the bell sfx. Maybe I am just hearing things.
You should follow me on Twitter