Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Press Your Luck is looking for contestants  (Read 8080 times)

daveromanjr

Press Your Luck is looking for contestants
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:17:48 PM »
I just saw this on Facebook - anybody know any details?

https://pressyourluck.castingcrane.com/

weaklink75

Re: Press Your Luck is looking for contestants
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »
Buzzerblog is saying it's for ABC- makes sense with all the GS they've been doing over the past few years...

tyshaun1

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 05:09:21 PM »
Their casting website (yes, it's legit) has a link that reads "http://facebook.com/pressyourluckABC". So yeah, it's for ABC. Really intrigued in what direction they go with this- stretch 1 game into an hour format, or 2 games?

Tyshaun

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 05:12:48 PM »
Their casting website (yes, it's legit) has a link that reads "http://facebook.com/pressyourluckABC". So yeah, it's for ABC. Really intrigued in what direction they go with this- stretch 1 game into an hour format, or 2 games?

Tyshaun

I'd guess two games in an hour like Pyramid and Celeb Feud...I'd also assume this is for late spring/summer..

TimK2003

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 05:16:32 PM »
Has it been official yet that TTTT, Celebrity Feud and/or Gong will be back for another season?  I know that Pyramid is on the schedule for sure.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »
The spam filter flagged it, but am glad that it is legit.

*proceeds to apply anyway*

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 05:46:30 PM »
The fact the show's coming back is exciting enough (fingers crossed that they don't screw this up), but I find it amusing that the franchise is coming back to the network that launched Second Chance to begin with. :)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 05:55:33 PM »
So that's six classic game shows airing on ABC...Celebrity Feud, TTTT, Pyramid, Match Game, Gong, now Press Your Luck. I'd love to see a 20th anniversary Millionaire return.

Off the top of my head, I don't think any of the networks have ever had that many prime time shows at the same time. Maybe NBC during the 2008 Writers Strike, when they just threw anything on the air?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DoItRockapella

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 06:04:59 PM »
Has it been official yet that TTTT, Celebrity Feud and/or Gong will be back for another season?  I know that Pyramid is on the schedule for sure.

Celebrity Family Feud certainly is - http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Celebrity_Family_Feud. I swear I heard somewhere that TTTT will be back this summer as well, but I can't remember where. Much as I would like to see it happen, it is IMHO unlikely The Gong Show is coming back.

As for PYL...please be true and please be good. I would apply, but the casting page says they're only looking for people in Southern California.

I'd love to see a 20th anniversary Millionaire return.

I would too, but isn't Millionaire barred from returning to US primetime because ABC lost that lawsuit with Celador, and the syndicated version was only allowed to continue because it was negotiated under a different contract? Did I get that right?

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 09:00:25 PM »
Celebrity Family Feud, Pyramid, and To Tell the Truth were all renewed on August 7 2018

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 09:03:27 AM »
The fact the show's coming back is exciting enough (fingers crossed that they don't screw this up), but I find it amusing that the franchise is coming back to the network that launched Second Chance to begin with. :)
Maybe they could get Jim Peck to host..
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Robair

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 11:23:00 AM »
So that's six classic game shows airing on ABC...Celebrity Feud, TTTT, Pyramid, Match Game, Gong, now Press Your Luck. I'd love to see a 20th anniversary Millionaire return.

Off the top of my head, I don't think any of the networks have ever had that many prime time shows at the same time. Maybe NBC during the 2008 Writers Strike, when they just threw anything on the air?

Nine quiz shows started the 1956-57 season on CBS. (I am counting Truth here despite its late start date)

Beat the Clock
Do You Trust Your Wife?
High Finance
I've Got a Secret
Name That Tune
$64,000 Challenge
$64,000 Question
To Tell the Truth
What's My Line?
--Robair

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 01:06:20 PM »
I didn't even consider the 50s era shows. Should've realized networks would've had more back then. :P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Winkfan

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »
Nine quiz shows started the 1956-57 season on CBS. (I am counting Truth here despite its late start date)

Beat the Clock
Do You Trust Your Wife?
High Finance
I've Got a Secret
Name That Tune
$64,000 Challenge
$64,000 Question
To Tell the Truth
What's My Line?

You forgot Two For The Money, which during that season ran from March-September 1957; so that makes it ten.

BTW, I looked at the PYL contestant application; and the one thing that disqualifies me is that I don't have a "Facebook" account.

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

snowpeck

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 03:18:41 PM »
Vulture posted an article this morning. Both Press Your Luck and Card Sharks will premiere on ABC sometime this summer. PYL will feature a new bonus round where the winner goes head-to-head against the Whammy.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/press-your-luck-card-sharks-reboots-abc.html
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)