Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Outside Your Bubble  (Read 2451 times)

Clay Zambo

Outside Your Bubble
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:04:57 AM »
Anybody play the new Facebook/Buzzfeed game OUTSIDE THE BUBBLE? Thoughts?
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

Re: Outside Your Bubble
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:47:34 AM »
I played. The first part was fine, the second part was blind luck, and thus a turnoff for me. I was working on a project while playing, so I'll do my best to explain the meat and potatoes that I did pick up on.

Premise: Two "studio" contestants play, representing a certain group or demographic. Tonight's episode was Millennials vs. Baby Boomers.

The game itself has eight multiple-choice questions, divided into two rounds of four. The first half questions are survey or opinion-based like "What social media app is most popular with baby boomers?"

A. Facebook
B. Snapchat
C. Instagram

The two contestants predict what they think is the right answer; mobile players do the same. If a mobile player gets it right, they advance. If not, they're eliminated. If a studio contestant answers correctly, money is added to a bank, which they can split via a Prisoner's Dilemma scenario.

In round two, the remaining four questions are personal questions about the studio contestants. One asked the millennial's favorite thing to watch: documentaries, soap operas, and something else. Like all other trivia apps, remaining players split a cash jackpot, which was $5,000 tonight. Eight players won, each taking home $625.

The problem is, as I said above, it's blind luck. There's no context clues that allow you to figure out what the contestant likes to watch on TV, or whatever other personal info. Due to that, I cut out after I was eliminated, so I'll let someone else explain the Prisoner's Dilemma portion, although I'm sure it's self-explanatory.

Like Facebook's other game show Confetti, they take a page from the NBC handbook and stretch 10 minutes of game over nearly half-an-hour. I don't expect a share of $5,000 to be easy, but basically "pick an answer" and hoping for the best isn't much of a game, esp. when I'm basically taking a contestant's word for it when he says he likes documentaries over soaps. I'd love to see a Hit Man style setup where you hear various tidbits during the interview, then get quizzed on that.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:37:50 AM »
Nice to see good tv production values for a FB watch show (even if the contestants were annoying), but what a dull show. Blind luck for 15 minutes , essentially leading to a 1 in 81 shot of splitting money? Nope. I'm off to bed after Confetti.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 12:24:11 PM »
Per the show's Facebook page, Outside Your Bubble ends after this week.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 01:45:32 PM »
It was a good run.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 06:19:52 AM »
It was a good run.
It was? 6 weeks is not a good run.  It's a cut-your-losses run.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Scrabbleship

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 08:01:14 AM »
It was a good run.
It was? 6 weeks is not a good run.  It's a cut-your-losses run.

The sarcasm was splattering. This is somewhat in line with another non-Confetti Facebook Watch game, What's in the Box?.