Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Fun Little MeTV Quiz...  (Read 2690 times)

TimK2003

A Fun Little MeTV Quiz...
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
It's a Thursday in 1972 and you are home from school either sick, or snowed in....or both!

What choices do you have on TV during the day and how do our "biased" opinions rank with the rest of the country??

You can find out here:  https://www.metv.com/quiz/pick-what-would-you-watch-on-tv-all-day-on-this-random-thursday-in-1972

Unfortunately, some of our beloved shows are NOT choices.

jage

Re: A Fun Little MeTV Quiz...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
Game shows are doing well here, or maybe it's just this group. Password over Jeopardy as it currently stands is a surprise to me.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 11:10:30 PM »
Also not an option, though it'd certainly be my choice:

2pm: turn off the dang tv and go to the basement to work on your PRICE IS RIGHT "home game."
czambo@mac.com

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 12:04:08 AM »
Game shows are doing well here, or maybe it's just this group. Password over Jeopardy as it currently stands is a surprise to me.
When I took the quiz earlier today, Password and Jeopardy were dead even.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

daveromanjr

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »
Holy crap Let's Make a Deal is winning its timeslot by a mile! 

MeTV has done a lot of game show-related posts, quizzes and articles.  I often thought they'd try to get the rights to rerun something game show related with how much they post about it.

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 10:19:11 AM »
I'm scratching my head as to why two different Andy Griffith reruns are winning their timeslots.

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 11:24:28 AM »
I'm scratching my head as to why two different Andy Griffith reruns are winning their timeslots.

Simple.  Andy Griffith Show is one of their most popular reruns and has played in primetime in the same timeslot for almost as long as MeTV has been around.

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »
Q3:  I probably would have picked Gambit over Sale, since I preferred that show over Sale.

Q8: Had Three on a Match been a choice, I would've had to flip a coin vs. LMAD.  That would be a tough choice as I loved watching both.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:38 AM »
Holy crap Let's Make a Deal is winning its timeslot by a mile! 

MeTV has done a lot of game show-related posts, quizzes and articles.  I often thought they'd try to get the rights to rerun something game show related with how much they post about it.
I’ve thought this too, even if it’s some of the stuff USA and FAM reran 25 years ago, or even something recent from the 2000s. Air it in the mornings or at midday.

Granted, I do like their morning block of grandma detective shows. Takes me back to watching them with my grandmother. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chrisholland03

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »

Simple.  Andy Griffith Show is one of their most popular reruns and has played in primetime in the same timeslot for almost as long as MeTV has been around.

I guess I didn't factor in the MeTV angle, seeing as 90%+ of the shows in the survey don't currently air on MeTV.