Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concentration staff/audience info?  (Read 5684 times)

Mr. Armadillo

Re: Concentration staff/audience info?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 03:01:36 PM »
As I've been binging CC on Buzzr, I've thought about what that set must have looked like in person. It looks so narrow, especially when you realize that Alex's green screen is no more than 2 or 3 steps from the main game set. It all seemed to be crammed in a very narrow space.
It feels like watching an opening band trying to perform in the four feet of space between the edge of the stage and the headliners' equipment.

carlisle96

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 03:12:51 PM »
As I've been binging CC on Buzzr, I've thought about what that set must have looked like in person. It looks so narrow, especially when you realize that Alex's green screen is no more than 2 or 3 steps from the main game set. It all seemed to be crammed in a very narrow space.

And I could imagine that seeing a taping would be dull. No big clicky-clacky board or other grandiose set pieces to enjoy. Just contestants staring at monitors.

As I said, it was a pretty dreary experience and the audience monitor that displayed the puzzles was hard to see unless you were in the first few rowns

bricon

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »
CC was primarily in 3, correct?

http://www.dermandar.com/p/bwWhwM/studio-3

http://theburbankstudios.com/about-the-space.html

Above says the stage is 89' deep x 118' wide and 42' high.  It doesn't look like it's 89' deep to my eye - maybe that lower section of seats can be taken out?

That seating was for Leno's Tonight Show which was oriented at a 90 degree angle compared to the game shows done in 3.  Rotate the dermandar picture 90 degrees to the left of the Leno seats and that's where the CC bleachers were.   Take out Leno's seats and the dimensions would look closer to what you found.   Also, that protrusion you see at that angle in the upper left covered with white material was at one time the control booth with a window overlooking the stage.

chrisholland03

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Thanks Brian - that makes sense.

geno57

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 03:22:45 AM »
I’m with Clay here. Never was a fan of so-called “Classic Concentration”. I was taken aback when they’d take a shot of the full stage, and the game board — the freaking center of the Concentration universe — was nowhere to be seen, not even on a projection monitor.

The rebuses were fantastic, but the “tweedle-deep!” board sound effects drove me positively nutzo. (Yes. That’s what did it.)

BillCullen1

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »
I was at a Classic Concentration taping. It was a pretty unspectacular experience. The audience was sparse -- maybe about 150 people, the studio small and dark, and Trebek didn't interact with the audience during the commercials, he wandered off by himself, until he discovered a group of teenage Japanese schoolgirls in the audience...then he became more intrigued.

I was in the audience for Jack Narz's Concentration when I was out in CA in '75. They had the board which was clearly visible to all, and it had Johnny O as the announcer. I recall even solving one of the puzzles on the board, writing down the answer for Johnny O. "Complaint Department." Johnny gave me a thumbs up.