Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Britain's "Small Fortune" coming to NBC?  (Read 2841 times)

colonial

Britain's "Small Fortune" coming to NBC?
« on: February 12, 2019, 12:18:27 PM »
Have you ever watched "Beat the Clock" or "Minute to Win It" and thought to yourself ... these shows would be a lot better if the stunts involved miniatures? Well ...

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2019/02/small-fortune-itv-tiny-game-show/

NBC has reportedly green-lit a U.S. version of "Small Fortune", the British game show of stunts and miniatures that premiered on ITV earlier this month.

JD

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Britain's "Small Fortune" coming to NBC?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
"Mini to Win It." Bank on it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 06:20:55 PM »
"Mini to Win It." Bank on it.
Why can't you be big about this?

Seriously, I'm very curious that a show that's only been on the air for literally 2 weeks got picked up, especially with such an odd premise. How do they follow the action, anyway? Well, there's gotta be something to this that NBC really liked.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:29:04 PM »
Seriously, I'm very curious that a show that's only been on the air for literally 2 weeks got picked up, especially with such an odd premise. How do they follow the action, anyway? Well, there's gotta be something to this that NBC really liked.
The shot is zoomed in and very steady.

I watched the original article and found it adorable, and it managed to walk the tightrope of big money that has to be earned.
Travis L. Eberle

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 06:37:46 PM »
The fact that you called it adorable scares me. I've never heard you use that word ever in all the time I've known you.

I'll bet there is a surprise charm to it, though. Look at all the fun they have on LMAD these days with the mini curtains and teeny tiny boxes. If the million dollar task is pull the ship out of the bottle, though, all bets are off.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

colonial

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 03:32:55 PM »
Bringing this back to note that NBC is scheduled to premiere "Small Fortune" on May 31 at 10 p.m., presumably after AGT and/or Ninja Warrior.

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/03/29/nbcs-small-fortune-takes-comedy-and-competition-to-new-levels-with-premiere-set-for-monday-may-31-at-10-pm-et-pt-66114/20210329nbc01/

The host is "Lil Rel Howery," who presumably got the job because neither Lil Wayne nor Rich Little were available.

JD

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 05:49:34 PM »
So NBC picks up another British import. In February they also picked up "The Wheel." Wonder how far they've gotten with that.

That Don Guy

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 09:19:47 PM »
Bringing this back to note that NBC is scheduled to premiere "Small Fortune" on May 31 at 10 p.m., presumably after AGT and/or Ninja Warrior.

NBC announced that American Ninja Warrior's season premiere is from 8 to 10 that night.