The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

eBay Find: TPIR '94 Tabletop Pinball

<< < (2/3) > >>

JasonA1:
I too had the non-Price version of this as a kid. My memory is that the footprint was not too much longer than a laptop; turned the long way, naturally.

-Jason

Sonic Whammy:
One would think a cooler promotional item would be a pinball machine of actual size. Syndication money, I guess.

And is it just me or if you didn't know who Doug Davidson was, seeing his face instead of Bob's would make the whole thing feel like a generic parody knockoff?

MikeK:

--- Quote from: Sonic Whammy on February 14, 2019, 06:31:04 PM ---One would think a cooler promotional item would be a pinball machine of actual size. Syndication money, I guess.
--- End quote ---
Who's ponying up that much money to create a limited run of custom pinball machines?  Then times that by 100 different stations airing the show, give or take.  Then how much it would cost to ship each of the 250-300 lb. machines to each affiliate, who may not have room for said machine.  If you want a ballpark figure for one used machine, my pinball machine set me back $3000 including local delivery two years ago.  It's a lot easier and cheaper to slap custom graphics on a Tomy mini-machine body, which Tomy was already making by the thousands for other properties.

DoorNumberFour:
No sounds/music from the show in this game, right? Just generic beep-boop?

clemon79:

--- Quote from: MikeK on February 14, 2019, 07:43:05 PM ---If you want a ballpark figure for one used machine, my pinball machine set me back $3000 including local delivery two years ago.

--- End quote ---

Ooh, whatcha got? My girlfriend got a High Speed after I took her to the convention in Tacoma last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version