Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime vs. nighttime, as in how contestants are picked.  (Read 1542 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Daytime vs. nighttime, as in how contestants are picked.
« on: February 17, 2019, 12:55:56 AM »
I've been curious:

Back in the day, when you'd have game shows that had a daytime edition and a simultaneous accompanying nighttime edition, what kind of job was it for the coordinators to find out which show a person/people (in the cases like Family Feud) would work best on? Did they have separate numbers/PO boxes to draw from for each show? Or did they just bring you in on an open call, do the interview, and decide from there?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Daytime vs. nighttime, as in how contestants are picked.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 01:19:50 AM »
Open call, interview, cull the deadwood, sort by some algorithm.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 01:30:51 AM »
Matt O. offered some insight from his $ale appearance. Thread offers a little more on how Wheel chose its contestants too.

/That thread allowed me to stumble upon a post I was trying to find for that syndication vs. network thread
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:40:57 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 01:57:21 AM »
And my dumb ass is the one who started that particular thread. Wow. (Still though, nice revisit)

Searching didn't help. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 02:16:09 AM »
It's OK, I figured rather than going into great detail someone would mention/find that thread.
Travis L. Eberle